I was messing around with my computer and changed the Control Panel from
Classic to Category view. How do I change it back to category view?

Thanks!

Tye

Look on the left of the control panel. Under the control panel section you
should see an option 'switch to classic view.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

"smalltownboytm" <smalltownboytm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was messing around with my computer and changed the Control Panel from
> Classic to Category view. How do I change it back to category view?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tye

I am in classic view, but I want to go back to category view.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Look on the left of the control panel. Under the control panel section you
> should see an option 'switch to classic view.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>
> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
> either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
> direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
> of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
>

> "smalltownboytm" <smalltownboytm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was messing around with my computer and changed the Control Panel from
> > Classic to Category view. How do I change it back to category view?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Tye

If Common Tasks is enabled and Common Tasks isn't showing...
Click the Folders button on the Toolbar.

If Common Tasks is enabled...
Click the ^ chevron next to: Control Panel
Click on: Switch to Category View

To enable Common Tasks..........
From XP HELP:
[[To display links to common tasks in folders
1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
1a. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
1b. Double-click Folder Options
2. On the General tab, under Tasks, click Show common tasks in folders.
Notes
The hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your folder windows
provide quick access to file and folder management activities and other
places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared Documents, and My
Network Places. Windows displays these links by default, so they may already
be displayed in your folders. If they are not, you can use Folder Options to
enable this feature.
To disable this feature in your folders, on the General tab, under Tasks,
click Use Windows classic folders. ]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0BAEB117-BB40-49F9-804E-7F9F5A203A82@microsoft.com,
smalltownboytm <smalltownboytm@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am in classic view, but I want to go back to category view.
>
> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> Look on the left of the control panel. Under the control panel section
>> you should see an option 'switch to classic view.
>>
>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>>
>> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
>> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for
>> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
>> the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
>> this post..
>>

>> "smalltownboytm" <smalltownboytm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:D90ECD1E-4189-434C-88A7-3FF13871F932@microsoft.com...
>>> I was messing around with my computer and changed the Control Panel from
>>> Classic to Category view. How do I change it back to category view?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Tye

It worked! THANKS!!

Tye

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> If Common Tasks is enabled and Common Tasks isn't showing...
> Click the Folders button on the Toolbar.
>
> If Common Tasks is enabled...
> Click the ^ chevron next to: Control Panel
> Click on: Switch to Category View
>
> To enable Common Tasks..........
> From XP HELP:
> [[To display links to common tasks in folders
> 1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
> 1a. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
> 1b. Double-click Folder Options
> 2. On the General tab, under Tasks, click Show common tasks in folders.
> Notes
> The hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your folder windows
> provide quick access to file and folder management activities and other
> places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared Documents, and My
> Network Places. Windows displays these links by default, so they may already
> be displayed in your folders. If they are not, you can use Folder Options to
> enable this feature.
> To disable this feature in your folders, on the General tab, under Tasks,
> click Use Windows classic folders. ]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:0BAEB117-BB40-49F9-804E-7F9F5A203A82@microsoft.com,
> smalltownboytm <smalltownboytm@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I am in classic view, but I want to go back to category view.
> >
> > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Look on the left of the control panel. Under the control panel section
> >> you should see an option 'switch to classic view.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Barnett MVP
> >> Associate Expert
> >> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> >>
> >> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> >> kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> >> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for
> >> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
> >> the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> >> this post..
> >>

> >> "smalltownboytm" <smalltownboytm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:D90ECD1E-4189-434C-88A7-3FF13871F932@microsoft.com...

Glad to hear it.