In Win Dragon Slayer vs Dragon Rider

HOWLEII

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hey, i am gonna build my first gaming rig soon (bit of a cliche, eh! :na: ) and i wanted to know if anyone out there has built with the above cases.
Was there any major problems, like gpu space n stuff like that? And which, in your opinion, would be a better first time build?
Cheers :sol:

I have the dragon slayer. if you read it's micro atx/mini itx only. can't put big mobo in it......... guess you're aware of that.

the case: it's made well. painted inside and out. nice grey color. quality paint. the plastic hold down clips suck...... suppose they're the same for the other case too....... i still use screws. makes me feel better.

you can hide your cables behind the mobo tray but it really needs more room. hard drive is in cage and in bad area. interferes with power supply cables. if you're using an ssd ( has place for it. ) the hd cage would be a good place to hide extra cabling......... ps with modular cable would help but imo would still suck.

good air flow.

my second build for it looked awesome....... may have had something to do with the black mother board this time.....

HOWLEII

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

what i wanted to do was to start with the slayer n after that is hopefully successful, i would move onto the full atx dragon rider. the slayer would be the practice run! :bounce: :D
what kinda parts did u have in your slayer?

it's a work machine now......... zeon quad/16gb ram......... asrock h77....... firepro graphics

had a gigabyte mobo/6core amd/4gigddr2/6950 2gig

the asrock board ( being black ) really looks good in this. nice and clean all around. what would have set it off would have been geil black dragon memory. it has red lights on it and would have "made" the machine. had other memory and added to what I had though.

if you can afford it or if you have room for it........... but why do a "practice" run. buy what you really want now. 4 or 5 years from now when you decide to upgrade you have a case you can put any board in......... having said that........... parts keep getting smaller and smaller........ soon enough this case will seem "big".......... no win situation.

i have an antek 900............. big-heavy lump. kinda getting tired of moving it around.......... i mess with components a lot......

HOWLEII

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

u didnt use water cooling no? i was gonna use one, maybe corsair h60 or 90. does the Slayer get alot of heat?

I had an H60 or something like that. It fit in the front very well if you removed the 140mm fan ( has holes for 120mm ). Problem is with those is............... the radiator gets hot and stays hot. There's only so much heat it will pull and the entire cooling system gets saturated with heat. now think about that while the side is on the case........ waste of time and money. get better cooling and better over ambient coolness with the stock set up. ( stock heat sinks and fan ) Don't waste your money on it. Anybody tells you they are great, walk away.