Sign in with
Your question

My gx620 will not turn on

Last response: in CPUs
February 3, 2013 7:02:47 PM

hello my computer was working fine then i turned it off for the night and next morning it would not turn back on..i opened panel to clean thinking it was dusty or something and i see a yellow light on but it still will not power up,,could someone please help me ? and if possible could you put in terms i can understand i am no computer genius... thank you

More about : gx620 turn

a c 102 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 9:22:48 PM

If there is a yellow light on the 'Start' button in front, depress this button. The computer is probably in sleep mode.

If not, unplug the computer from the wall plug and then plug it back in. Restart.
m
l
a c 135 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 11:05:47 PM

does ur pc still have a a warranty. also did u try unplugging it and restarting it

m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2013 8:52:15 AM

i tried unplugging it, and no there is no light in front..there is a yellow light inside the computer but that is it..when i hit the power button it does not even attempt to start...i have no warranty..i have everything on this computer !! and get to any of it..is there anything else i can try ?...and thank you for trying to help me with this
m
l
a c 102 à CPUs
February 4, 2013 10:25:09 AM

I just checked my Dell Optiplex 755 (identical to GX620) and I did see a bright yellow light just below the CPU fan shroud.

Unplug all connections, keyboard, mouse, power from the back of the computer. Then re-plug them back into the computer.

When you reconnect the AC power plug to the back of the computer, the fans should briefly spin and then stop. If this does not happen, then there is a strong liklihood that the power supply has failed (or not plugged into the motherboard adequately; rare).

Please do this and let us know and you can take the next step.

Don't worry, your data files are safe. The hard disk may have to be plugged into another computer, but that is a separate issue. However, starting now perform regular and frequent backups on to an external drive.
m
l
July 23, 2014 12:39:39 AM

I have faced the same problem and when I discussed it with an expert he told me to change my processor because this problem is happened just because of the processors expiry.
m
l
a c 102 à CPUs
July 23, 2014 5:53:26 AM

ayazahmad1 said:
I have faced the same problem and when I discussed it with an expert he told me to change my processor because this problem is happened just because of the processors expiry.

There is no such thing as "Processor's expiry" - generally, processors do not go bad!
m
l
July 23, 2014 9:38:45 PM

Ubrales said:
ayazahmad1 said:

There is no such thing as "Processor's expiry" - generally, processors do not go bad!

processor expiry mean my processor is retired and when I changed my processor my computer started normally.
m
l
!