"off the shelf business pc"

sonnymichigan

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Need: BUSINESS DESKTOp
NOT NEEDED: MONITOR, KEYBOARD OR MOUSE
BUDGET: $400.00 - 500.00 (on the lower side if possible)
ENVIRONMENT: MEDICAL OFFICE
SOFTWARE USED: ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS (WEB ACCESS), MS OFFICE
NOT NEEDED: GAMING GRAPHICS, BLAZING SPEED CPU
KEY FEATURES NEEDED: MOTHERBOARD RELIABILITY, CPU STABILITY AND HARD DRIVE QUALITY

KEY REQUIREMENT: RELIABLE HARDDRIVE WITH LOW FAILURE RATE
WIRELESS N CARD WOULD BE USEFUL

MINIMUM STORAGE: 300 GB

I HAVE HAD INTEL AND AMD PC'S THAT HAVE RAN FOR YEARS WITHOUT TROUBLE SO I AM OPEN TO EITHER COMPANY'S CPU - WITH RELIABILITY AND STABILITY THE KEY CRITERIA.

TIME FRAME: 10 DAYS.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR INSIGHT AND ADVISE
SONNY

I have a computer with an Intel E2180 and I recommend against buying a computer with it. Even for basic work, the E2180 (E4400 isn't much better) can noticeably lag behind unless you have an SSD. That Phenom II x4 is between three and four times faster with all four cores counted and is around 35-50% faster per core.

sonnymichigan

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

the phenom seems to be a logical choice. In this case, the I3 and other intel processors are beyond the budge or need.

so your suggestion for "off the shelf business pc" (the title of this post)
is one the op builds them self?

define "off the shelf"- Ready-made, available from merchandise or in stock, as opposed to a special order. For example, Sometimes you can get a better discount by buying an appliance off the shelf.

There are dozens of companies that build custom builds with your choice of parts. Try finding a better non-custom deal with high-quality parts that doesn't sacrifice even this lower-end level of performance. Maybe you'll find one, maybe not.

There is a RAM kit in my builds... Love how you're trying to be an ass over stupid things. You ran out of minor things to argue, so now you're making crap up. Real nice of you. There is a 1.5V 2x2GiB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 kit in each of my links. A F3-10600CL9D-4GBNS model, to be more specific.

sonnymichigan

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Yes friends, I am refering to what vendor would currently have the best rig for this budget...500 bucks tops...I welcome all links...as i need to order it soon. Thanks again