Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First Custom Built PC

Last response: in Systems
September 20, 2012 8:52:00 PM

I am getting everything I need for my first custom built computer. I feel like I know enough about computers to build one, but I would like a second opinion. I also need to know if everything is compatible and will work properly. The build is here. Thanks in advance!

More about : custom built

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
September 20, 2012 9:19:04 PM

vinylrain said:
I am getting everything I need for my first custom built computer. I feel like I know enough about computers to build one, but I would like a second opinion. I also need to know if everything is compatible and will work properly. The build is here. Thanks in advance!

You can get a faster Intel i5 3570k for the same price as the i5 2500k now.

You can get a 120GB SSD for 60$ on sale @ newegg, screw the 30GB one you were ordering.

I recomend you get a better powersupply, like Corsair or Seasonic.
September 20, 2012 10:26:40 PM

Corsair or Seasonic isnt very specific. Do you have any links or wattage recommendations?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
September 20, 2012 10:31:37 PM

vinylrain said:
Corsair or Seasonic isnt very specific. Do you have any links or wattage recommendations?

I would say 600w+ that way any upgrades, SLI/CF, extras will be Plug and Play.

I would only buy 80+ certfied PSU's.

Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
September 20, 2012 10:39:04 PM

Beautiful, thanks. I just need to know now if everything will properly fit in the case and there are enough connections for everything. I got a case with a 2.5" internal bay adapter so i know the SSD and HDD are fine.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 20, 2012 10:51:53 PM

vinylrain said:
Beautiful, thanks. I just need to know now if everything will properly fit in the case and there are enough connections for everything. I got a case with a 2.5" internal bay adapter so i know the SSD and HDD are fine.

You will be fine,

You got a fullsize case with a microAtx motherboard, you should save 30$ and get an atx motherboard like this one:

It has more features, overclocking capabilities, and more PCI expansions.
September 20, 2012 11:03:34 PM

austing said:
You will be fine,

You got a fullsize case with a microAtx motherboard, you should save 30$ and get an atx motherboard like this one:

It has more features, overclocking capabilities, and more PCI expansions.

Great. Now I am basically maxed out with my spending limit, so if you have other suggestions, they can't cost more money! Haha.
September 20, 2012 11:09:25 PM

Actually I am a bit worried about the network adapter. Will that work and is there something better?
September 20, 2012 11:26:45 PM

For the past four years I've been using the inexpensive ($12 - $15) Sabrent adapters from tigerdirect.com or Rosewill adapters from newegg.com on several computers without any problems and good connectivity.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2012 2:45:35 AM

spankmon said:
For the past four years I've been using the inexpensive ($12 - $15) Sabrent adapters from tigerdirect.com or Rosewill adapters from newegg.com on several computers without any problems and good connectivity.

Agreed. No problems.
September 27, 2012 11:56:56 PM

Best answer selected by vinylrain.
!