Solved

First Custom Built PC

I am getting everything I need for my first custom built computer. I feel like I know enough about computers to build one, but I would like a second opinion. I also need to know if everything is compatible and will work properly. The build is here. Thanks in advance!
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first custom built
  1. Best answer
    vinylrain said:
    I am getting everything I need for my first custom built computer. I feel like I know enough about computers to build one, but I would like a second opinion. I also need to know if everything is compatible and will work properly. The build is here. Thanks in advance!

You can get a faster Intel i5 3570k for the same price as the i5 2500k now.

You can get a 120GB SSD for 60$ on sale @ newegg, screw the 30GB one you were ordering.

I recomend you get a better powersupply, like Corsair or Seasonic.
  2. Corsair or Seasonic isnt very specific. Do you have any links or wattage recommendations?
  3. vinylrain said:
    Corsair or Seasonic isnt very specific. Do you have any links or wattage recommendations?

I would say 600w+ that way any upgrades, SLI/CF, extras will be Plug and Play.

I would only buy 80+ certfied PSU's.

Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
  4. Beautiful, thanks. I just need to know now if everything will properly fit in the case and there are enough connections for everything. I got a case with a 2.5" internal bay adapter so i know the SSD and HDD are fine.
  5. vinylrain said:
    Beautiful, thanks. I just need to know now if everything will properly fit in the case and there are enough connections for everything. I got a case with a 2.5" internal bay adapter so i know the SSD and HDD are fine.

You will be fine,

You got a fullsize case with a microAtx motherboard, you should save 30$ and get an atx motherboard like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

It has more features, overclocking capabilities, and more PCI expansions.
  6. austing said:
    You will be fine,

You got a fullsize case with a microAtx motherboard, you should save 30$ and get an atx motherboard like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

It has more features, overclocking capabilities, and more PCI expansions.

Great. Now I am basically maxed out with my spending limit, so if you have other suggestions, they can't cost more money! Haha.
  7. Actually I am a bit worried about the network adapter. Will that work and is there something better?
  8. For the past four years I've been using the inexpensive ($12 - $15) Sabrent adapters from tigerdirect.com or Rosewill adapters from newegg.com on several computers without any problems and good connectivity.
  9. spankmon said:
    For the past four years I've been using the inexpensive ($12 - $15) Sabrent adapters from tigerdirect.com or Rosewill adapters from newegg.com on several computers without any problems and good connectivity.

Agreed. No problems.
  10. Best answer selected by vinylrain.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Systems Product