Sapphire 4870 led D601, wont POST

wid3l3c

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello everyone.

Yesterday something weird happened to my card. From some time BSODs 0x00000124 are torturing me and I really have no idea what's the problem. I think it's something with electrical instalation in my flat. When I was on vacation with my baby :D I had no problem for 2 weeks. And here? like everyday...

I use HWmonitor to read temps, and they are OK. I think:
CPU Q6600 - 60-62
NB - 42-43
GPU - 70-74
These are max recorded

Additional fan blows on 2x2GB patriot memory.
MB Asus P5K premium, PSU Corsair 520HXEU and 3 SATA HDDs.

Now, what happened yesterday... after BSOD I've changed "PEG port control" from Auto to disabled - dunno why... just had this stupid idea :p
After this move I power on and get black screen and hear 1 beep and 3 short after - what mean "no GPU" and fan on card fan work like a vacum cleaner. I've put the card out put it back... and from this time after powering on

one of four LEDs signed D601 – Critical Core power fault - shines with constant light.

I've tested it in other PC and it reacts in the same way, cleared CMOS, even put battery out for whole night.

Question is:
Will a PCI card help in some way? Maybe try to reflash GPU bios but how if card won't even react properly... Or this card is completely wasted?

Any help would be appreciated.