Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Will The CM 212 Evo Fit ?

Last response: in Components
February 4, 2013 12:23:48 AM

I have a CM Elite 334 Casing and my temps go very high when i convert videos (90 C+). My idle temp is 50 C. Should i be buying a new Aftermarket Cooler or is this Stock cooler be enough to cool my CPU. Or should i replace the thermal paste with something new like Arctic Cooling MX-4 ?

And if i buy the 212 Evo will the back plate fit my Casing ?

Elite 334 - http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4253
Evo 212 - http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6741

Thank you in Advance

More about : 212 evo fit

February 4, 2013 1:34:41 AM

With an idle temp of 50C, I'd suspect something is wrong with the heatsink mount or the fan. Are you overclocked on the stock cooler?
The Hyper 212 EVO should fit although you may not be able to fit a fan on the side panel
Score
February 4, 2013 1:37:36 AM

That cooler measures 6.3 inches tall according to the specs. Measure inside your case from the CPU to the side cover of the case.

You may get by simply by adding a case fan to the side panel of your case. Also, if your TIM is quite old, it may be dried out and in need of replacing.
Score
Related resources
February 4, 2013 1:47:42 AM

what are the fan you already got in the case and a side fan as intatke will help lower you temp with the mx -4 as new paste it will help .
Score
February 4, 2013 4:04:05 AM

I have the Intel's Stock cooler installed. And the PC is 2 yeas old. I only have a Back panel fan installed.
And another thing is that whenever i turn on my PC the CPU fans spins in high rps for about 3 secs and then become normal.
Score
February 4, 2013 12:12:44 PM

bump
Score

Best solution

February 4, 2013 3:38:29 PM

chanuka said:
I have the Intel's Stock cooler installed. And the PC is 2 yeas old. I only have a Back panel fan installed.
And another thing is that whenever i turn on my PC the CPU fans spins in high rps for about 3 secs and then become normal.

The fan speed you detect is quite normal. That is Speedstep in BIOS/CPU taking over the control of the fan's speed.
With only a single exhaust fan in your case, you are probably not getting as much air flow as you should for stressful situations (like gaming). I would blow the dust from the CPU's cooler and fan, and add a front and/or side case fan for extra cooling. If you don't O/C, the stock Intel cooler should be more than adequate as long as the case has good air flow.

If you decide to replace your TIM, MX-4 is a good choice. It is at least as good as AS-5 and has the added virtue of not being electrically conductive.
February 5, 2013 12:58:43 AM

also buy 2 120 mm fan one for the front and the other for the side panel install as intake ,this way there will be a air flow in the case and reduce the internal temp .
Score
February 5, 2013 1:33:04 PM

Best answer selected by chanuka.
Score
!