New Gamer 1k$ from 0, need experts

idiosincrasia

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all!

Wich components would you buy for complete the PC? Wold u chose other coponents?

I read that this 2 coponents are nice price/value:

GPU: HD 7870(270$)

SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 64 gigabytes, SATAIII, VTX4-25SAT3-64G =( 86$)

HDD: I dont donwnload much. I want it fast from 500GB could be till 2TB but should worth for it, not only 4space.

Budget 700$-1300$

Approximate Purchase Date: October/2012

System Usage from Most to Least Important: ONLY GAMING ihave 4 years old good VAIO 4 the rest.
Are you buying a monitor: Yes

City, State/Region, Country - Prague, Czech Republic (Europe)
Parts Preferences: I dont know welll diferences of Intel or ADM
Overclocking: I dont know what does it mean
SLI or Crossfir: Not needed
Your Monitor Resolution: Not so perfeccionist in resolution, i want run well some years.
Additional Comments: I play all y games in VAIO, I want run more games not to see the color of the eyes of the enemy.

Games I play: Red Orchestra, Battlefield 2 (Mod PR), Team Fortress 2, Company of hearoes, Sogun, Medieval and Napoleon Total War... I will buy more games of that style.

Thanks a lot experts!
Ciao!

g-unit1111

Titan

g-unit1111

Titan
I would go for a 120GB ssd at least. Mine filled right up with three games and a few apps! The video card is what you need to spend the most on. You can get a good balanced system for a thousand bucks. I recommend ASRock, Corsair, Seasonic and Crucial as good brands to start with. Good luck and have fun building your first system.

Not on this kind of a budget. You don't want to trade speed for space, 120GB won't get you very far these days.

idiosincrasia

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
First of all THANKS

And whats about this downgrade?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($192.97 @ CompUSA)
Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60.96 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($205.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ SuperBiiz)

I need 2 answers:

-Worth to overclock CPU? (I even dont know what is it but I guess is force it)
-Worth 60gb SSD only 4system?

Thanks mates!

g-unit1111

Titan
And whats about this downgrade?

That's not really a downgrade at all - that all works and looks like it will be a good system.

-Worth to overclock CPU? (I even dont know what is it but I guess is force it)

The 3450 can't be overclocked as it doesn't have an unlocked multiplier and forcing it will void your warranty.

-Worth 60gb SSD only 4system?

No - after formatting and Windows install on a 60GB SSD you're left with about 20GB free and that won't get you very far these days. Get the mechanical HD now, add an SSD later on.