File Name Colors

Came back to old files from about 2 years ago. The File names are yellow,
like bright yellow. I cant really read the file names cause of the white
background. I cant find out how to change them to black.
1 answer Last reply
More about file colors

    Are the files compressed or encrypted? Right click one of the yellow files
    | Select Properties | Click the Advanced button |

    The Compress contents to save disk space box will be checked if it's a
    compressed file. The Encrypt contents to secure data box will be checked if
    it's a compressed file.

    You can use TweakUI to change the colors.

    Open TweakUI
    [+] Explorer
    Colors
    Next to the three options, Compressed files, Hot-tracking and Encrypted
    files, click on the respective color to change how Explorer displays the
    files. A color palette will pop up and you can make changes there.

    Colors
    [[This enables the changing of the colors of compressed files, hot tracking
    and encrypted files. To enable color changing of compressed files, Explorer
    must be configured to show compressed files in a different color.]]

    Hot tracking is the color Explorer uses to display items as you hover over
    them. Explorer must be in single click mode to see this.
    -----

    Encrypted files and Compressed files are listed here...
    AltColor is Compressed files.
    AltEncryptionColor is Encrypted files.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    Value Name: AltColor
    Data Type: REG_BINARY
    Value Data: 00 00 ff 00 (default)

    Value Name: AltEncryptionColor
    Data Type: REG_BINARY
    Value Data: 00 80 40 00 (default)

    Hot-tracking listed here...
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors
    Value Name: HotTrackingColor
    Data Type: REG_SZ
    Value Data: I don't know what the default value is. I didn't look before I
    started experimenting.

    Or you can turn off the option to show files in different colors.

    If this option is selected in Folder Options...
    Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
    View tab | Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color

    [[Specifies that the names of files you compress or encrypt on NTFS drives
    appear in a color when you view them in a folder window. This does not
    apply to folders you compress using ZIP compression utilities.]]

    Download TweakUI here >>>

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

    Tweak UI
    This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not
    exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including
    mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.

    Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows
    Server 2003.

    Tweak UI
    TweakUI.exe
    ===

    Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
    http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C246F3D9-28DB-4CA1-9F38-DFAFA4EDC551@microsoft.com,
    Erin <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Came back to old files from about 2 years ago. The File names are yellow,
    > like bright yellow. I cant really read the file names cause of the white
    > background. I cant find out how to change them to black.

Configuration File Name Microsoft Customization Windows XP