File Name Colors

August 22, 2005 7:22:03 AM

Came back to old files from about 2 years ago. The File names are yellow,
like bright yellow. I cant really read the file names cause of the white
background. I cant find out how to change them to black.

More about : file colors

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 6:09:25 PM

Are the files compressed or encrypted? Right click one of the yellow files
| Select Properties | Click the Advanced button |

The Compress contents to save disk space box will be checked if it's a
compressed file. The Encrypt contents to secure data box will be checked if
it's a compressed file.

You can use TweakUI to change the colors.

Open TweakUI
[+] Explorer
Colors
Next to the three options, Compressed files, Hot-tracking and Encrypted
files, click on the respective color to change how Explorer displays the
files. A color palette will pop up and you can make changes there.

Colors
[[This enables the changing of the colors of compressed files, hot tracking
and encrypted files. To enable color changing of compressed files, Explorer
must be configured to show compressed files in a different color.]]

Hot tracking is the color Explorer uses to display items as you hover over
them. Explorer must be in single click mode to see this.
-----

Encrypted files and Compressed files are listed here...
AltColor is Compressed files.
AltEncryptionColor is Encrypted files.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Value Name: AltColor
Data Type: REG_BINARY
Value Data: 00 00 ff 00 (default)

Value Name: AltEncryptionColor
Data Type: REG_BINARY
Value Data: 00 80 40 00 (default)

Hot-tracking listed here...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors
Value Name: HotTrackingColor
Data Type: REG_SZ
Value Data: I don't know what the default value is. I didn't look before I
started experimenting.

Or you can turn off the option to show files in different colors.

If this option is selected in Folder Options...
Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
View tab | Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color

[[Specifies that the names of files you compress or encrypt on NTFS drives
appear in a color when you view them in a folder window. This does not
apply to folders you compress using ZIP compression utilities.]]

Download TweakUI here >>>

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

Tweak UI
This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not
exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including
mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.

Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows
Server 2003.

Tweak UI
TweakUI.exe
===