Sign in with
Your question

7970 crossfire enabled screen issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 1, 2012 1:14:57 PM

hi all, so what exactly happens is that when i enable crossfire on my 7970's and go into game it will play fine for a few mins then it starts flickering and freezes the game either resulting in a bsod or it freezes the system and i have to hard reset it. When crossfire is disabled it runs great no issues at all. i am running the 12.7 beta drivers with the 12.7 cap1. if any one has any idea what the problem is please let me know ive searched quite a bit to find the solution but to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 1, 2012 1:31:10 PM

take out one of your 7970's and play with that...if it runs fine take out that card and put the other card in a test that...it seems like one of your cards might be bad or something....if they both perform badly which i doubt will happen it could be a software/driver issue.....also check the temps of each card make sure one or both are not overheating....are they the same exact card? (brand and model)
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:28:46 PM

yep they are both sapphire radeon hd7970's , and thnx for the reply.
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 1, 2012 10:04:34 PM

let me know how it goes putting one card in at a time we could narrow the problem down that way
m
l
!