Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Samsung tv displays no signal when hdmi is plugged into laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 1, 2012 3:32:14 PM

Hi Now when I plug my laptop into my Samsung Tv it displays "no signal" I didn't have that problem before. But now it intermittently happens the picture pops in and out constantly. And when I hook it up to my older model Toshiba tv which used to play just fine I get no picture or sound at all. I've even bought another hdmi cord and it's still the same problem. Help please!
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2012 3:34:17 PM

You are changing the input of the TV from Antenna/cable to the HDMI input, right?
Score
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2012 3:39:33 PM

When you use the word "intermittent" it makes me thing a connector is flaky. I know you've changed the HDMI cable but the connectors the cable plugs into may be bad on either end. Connectors wear out.
Score
Related resources
August 9, 2012 3:43:17 AM

clarkjd said:
You are changing the input of the TV from Antenna/cable to the HDMI input, right?

Thanks for responding. Yes when I plug it in it's on the hdmi input on the tv the pic will show but it intermittently pops in and out.
Score
August 9, 2012 3:45:27 AM

ram1009 said:
When you use the word "intermittent" it makes me thing a connector is flaky. I know you've changed the HDMI cable but the connectors the cable plugs into may be bad on either end. Connectors wear out.

So do you mean the connectors on each end of the hdmi cord or the ones on the TV and my laptop? Thanks alot for responding. Also, does it matter if the hdmi cable is a 1.3 or should it be a 1.4 or higher quality cable?
Score
!