What is the problem?!?

Drunkard

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hey guys I am new to this community, I decided to join after I found lots of help here in the forums.
My home built pc seems to be broken, it was running for a few days but It suddenly stopped working. So I was wondering if you guys here could point out the problem.
Problem - So I turn on my computer and the monitor has no response, I also opened the case and found that the fans were spinning and such, it all seems normal. But nothing appears on the monitor

Things I tried - I tried seeing if it was a monitor problem so I took out the monitor and tried it on another computer but it works completely fine on there, but the thing is I have yet to try VGA since I was using DVI. My computer has only 1 VGA port on it, 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI. 1 VGA port being the motherboard, for the inter graded graphics. I also used another monitor on my computer but the same problem

System specs -
Motherboard - Asrock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 4x2 8GB DDR3-1600
CPU - Intel I3 2120 3.3 Dual core processor 1155
Graphics - Asus Radeon HD7850 2GB
Case - Thermaltake Commander Epic edition Black/Red
Power - Corsair Builder 500w 80 PLUS certified ATX12V
Optical - Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer
Storage/Memory - 500Gb Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM & Western Digital Caviar Blue 320Gb

I just need help picking out what would be the problem in which part, if you need extra information please ask.

Thanks in advance.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Do you have a case speaker hooked up? if so, do you hear any beeps?

Try re-seating the video card, and making sure all power cables are snug in their sockets.

You could also try running it with the video card taken out, just using on-board graphics.

Yet another option is trying to boot the computer with only one stick of RAM, to make sure one of your ram sticks hasn't died.