Changed BIOS default boot, black screen

I just got my RMA'd motherboard (MSI Z77A-G45) back and installed it into my system. I plugged a DVI cable into my graphics card and it booted into a screen that said 'You have a new CPU and memory, press F1 for setup or F2 to boot with previous settings. I went into setup, which was the BIOS. I saw that it recognized my CPU and memory with no problems. I did not check to see if it could see my SSD, HDD or DVD drive. I immediately went into the boot options and saw that Network was the primary boot option, I changed it to hard drive and pressed enter. I then turned off the computer by flipping the switch on the power supply. I don't think any of the settings saved. Now I just boot into a black screen, the motherboard's power phase LEDs are running, the CPU and GPU fans are running, all case fans are running and the system is staying on, but I am stuck on a black screen. I have taken off the GPU and tried with onboard graphics,, I have also tested both sticks of RAM and pressed the clear cmos button as well as removed the cmos battery for 5 minutes, still a black screen.

EDIT: I have reseated all the power cables, unplugged all the SATA cables and tested the motherboard out of the case. I also noticed that the motherboard that I received back has the exact same serial number as the motherboard i shipped out. There also looks like theres a thin film of a dried up liquid on some spots on the motherboard, could this be the problem?

Any idea as to what is going wrong?
1 answer Last reply
More about changed bios default boot black screen
  1. Is the drive with your operating system on it the SSD? maybe with the rma'd board, AHCI is not enabled?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Boot Motherboards Systems