Sign in with
Your question

PSU going bad?

Last response: in Components
February 4, 2013 4:27:48 AM

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA Geforce 670 FTW 2GB
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77
i5-3570K 3.4GHz
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB(HDD)
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2BAA 2.5" 128GB(SSD)
LITE-ON Black Internal 12X Blu-ray Combo SATA Model ihes112-04
Coolermaster Hyper 212+

Had it since october and no issues until last night and today. It rebooted during a game and brought up that "ASUS Anti-Surge Protection/unstable power supply screen. Was running fine the rest of the night. Then today it does it again, but not just with a game running, but it rebooted twice while booting into the main screen. I'm no expert, but could my PSU be clunking out now? Trying to think of a solution is about to make my heart explode.

More about : psu bad

February 4, 2013 5:31:03 AM

Your psu could be malfunctioning because I'm sure if it wasn't working it wouldn't send a surge through your pc especially a corsair they make their power supply's top notch but have you done any recent work on your pc or moved your pc around ? it doesn't hurt to give corsair a call about the power supply
February 6, 2013 2:53:27 AM

batty251 said:
Your psu could be malfunctioning because I'm sure if it wasn't working it wouldn't send a surge through your pc especially a corsair they make their power supply's top notch but have you done any recent work on your pc or moved your pc around ? it doesn't hurt to give corsair a call about the power supply

I left it where it's been today. Never moved or done new work to it.

Any idea how complicated Corsair's RMA process is? My voltages were kinda messed up in the Bios. The 12v was below 12, and the 3v was like 3.38, the 5v was normal. This PSU is just fine for my specs right? Well I would assume so since it worked fine for 3 months.

Would there be obvious signs if it were the mobo? Right now things are just.... random.

Also, could I cut back like use a smaller monitor to cut back on voltage usage to numb down the problems?
February 9, 2013 3:54:06 AM

Sorry for DPing.

I installed a new PSU(same one). Going to just sit back and wait, a while, for anything.

The new PSU's 12v is about .30 above 12, while the old one was lingering below it. So possibly the 12v was on the road of failing?
!