Sign in with
Your question

Poblem with Laptop Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 1, 2012 6:25:10 PM

I have a ASUS U36SD laptop with Intel HD 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M graphics. For the past 4-5 months my video graphics has been messed up. I've posted a link to what videos look like: http://imgur.com/hycW7
Can someone help me out? How can I fix this (if possible)?

More about : poblem laptop graphics

a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2012 7:45:25 PM

Does it happen with both the Intel 3000 and the GT 520? Or is is specific to just one or the other? If you only use the GT 520 try loading up windows with the Intel 3000 (or vice versa) and see what happens.
m
l
August 1, 2012 7:56:23 PM

trapper said:
Does it happen with both the Intel 3000 and the GT 520? Or is is specific to just one or the other? If you only use the GT 520 try loading up windows with the Intel 3000 (or vice versa) and see what happens.

Hi Trapper, I'm not sure. How can switch between the two? - I don't see any options in Bios related to graphics.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2012 8:14:39 PM

Hi iron, I just looked at the laptop in question (instead of assigning it a generic assumption) and it looks like you should be able to disable the intel graphics from the nvidia control panel, but you won't be able to disable the 520m. The two GPUs are both active and normally switch when a higher demand is put on the GPU (games and HD movies).

You can try to set Nvidia Control Panel to use the Nvidia GPU as the default device.
m
l
!