Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard and processors?

Last response: in CPUs
February 4, 2013 12:02:23 PM

i have intel core 2 duo 2.8Ghz processor..and maxtone G31PR(HIS) motherboard...
are these good for smooth gameplay of GTAIV,mp3,Skyrim...
Ram is 2 gb and nvidia 8400gs graphic card...
I noe d card is bit outdated...and i intend to change it...
All i need to need to know is about the processor and motherboard.. for smooth gaming...
Guyz plz reply......

More about : motherboard processors

February 4, 2013 12:34:45 PM

The cpu and Mobo are pretty old too, doubt it for smooth gaming. An the RAM is only 2GB DDR2, right. If you want smooth gaming then go get newer hardware, IMO. Depends on what resolution your gaming at and the graphic detail.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2013 2:02:43 PM

I wouldn't invest any money in that platform unless you're planning on doing a staggered upgrade. Your MB has 1 PCI-ex16, theoretically you could upgrade the vid card but I'd suspect you're going to be limited by your power supply.

For ~$150 you could purchase a MB and CPU that would be significantly superior to the C2D. Regardless of if you go Intel or AMD, something as inexpensive as A8 5600k would be a dramatic improvement in both speed and graphics.
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2013 2:27:20 PM

so.....I should go for full upgrade?..or is it okay if i jus change my graphic card & psu..?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2013 2:45:25 PM

Full upgrade. Personally I'd re-task the C2D as a HTPC or file server. Other than the CD/DVD & HD not much is probably going to make it into your next build so it may be worthwhile just to keep it entirely intact for alternate use.

You can build a nice gaming computer on the cheep these days. Check out Tom's system builder series articles.

If you've got an aftermarket case then upgrading the PSU, if necessary, would allow you to install virtually any card. If you're simply wanting to game this might be the most cost effective route but at some point you'll probably want to consider replacing the MB/CPU/& RAM.

Do you know the model or info for your PSU?
m
l
February 5, 2013 6:42:22 AM

bjaminnyc said:
Full upgrade. Personally I'd re-task the C2D as a HTPC or file server. Other than the CD/DVD & HD not much is probably going to make it into your next build so it may be worthwhile just to keep it entirely intact for alternate use.

You can build a nice gaming computer on the cheep these days. Check out Tom's system builder series articles.

If you've got an aftermarket case then upgrading the PSU, if necessary, would allow you to install virtually any card. If you're simply wanting to game this might be the most cost effective route but at some point you'll probably want to consider replacing the MB/CPU/& RAM.

Do you know the model or info for your PSU?

yes.........it is intex 450.......is it good..?
Is it sufficient to run good graphic cards lyk:Sapphire AMD HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card or ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1GB 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card.....?
m
l
February 5, 2013 7:14:22 AM

No, you should get another one, perhaps a corsair PSU would be better.
m
l
February 5, 2013 7:26:28 AM

xenot7 said:
No, you should get another one, perhaps a corsair PSU would be better.

But of what power.....to run the above mentioned cards?
m
l
!