Worth the upgrade?

Hi all

Just wondering your thoughts on upgrading the phenom II x6 1090T to an i5 3570k whether its worth it or should I wait for the next round of cpu's to see there performance,
really interested to hear opinions on the matter :D
8 answers Last reply
More about worth upgrade
  1. please choose a less vague topic, also it is worth upgrading. haswell is going to be released in june from what I hear and will most likely not be cost effective until september-november
  2. and if you get a good cooler (212 EVO will be fine) you could get it to around 4.7 GHz
  3. mansfield said:
    please choose a less vague topic, also it is worth upgrading. haswell is going to be released in june from what I hear and will most likely not be cost effective until september-november

You didn't have to read the thread or answer if you don't want to so please don't leave comments that have nothing to do with the question
  4. What do you use the PC for? Is there anything you run the PC is struggling with?
  5. I see your point the answer is no to that it doesn't struggle its mostly gaming and a small bit of video rendering i guess just reading all the negative press about amd I wonder is the upgrade worth it,
    I'd imagine getting a 7970 would improve my gaming performance
  6. wasn't trying to sound like a dick but it sounds you you were, and I did try answering your question.
  7. nah i wasn't trying to be i just felt why answer if you it was too vague for you i was actually hoping someone who did the switch would reply and say what they thought of the difference cause i just got some extra cash and can't decide whether to use it to get into water cooling or should i switch to ivy bridge
  8. i did the switch from and athlon, WAY worth it.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5