Here's a thread for you- the peepee dance!

Stinger, this one's for you.

Okay. As I've been grinding my undead mage toward 60 (50 at the
moment) I'm so used to my fireball, fireball, fire blast, frost nova,
strafe routine that I've been watching other players more than I've
been watching my own mobs. For example, the level 45 human mage who
didn't know how to kite. Just fireball, fireball, very slow fireball,
very slow fireball, very slow fireball... [Bitterchill laughs at you.]

So, why do some players jump like they've got ants in their pants
during melee combat? I've seen rogues and paladins, and I think some
other classes do this. I'm familiar with the animations of different
class's special moves, and that's not what I'm talking about. I keep
seeing these guys run up to engage a mob and then jump straight up and
down between every hit, during the whole fight.

What's going on? They're always Alliance, or I'd ask them myself.
--
*** In World of Warcraft (North America Realms) ***
Bitterchill, Undead Mage on Earthen Ring <unguilded>

I think if you PvP a lot you get used to jumping during combat. I do it
against mobs just to practice. It's pretty helpful in PvP because you can be
moving in one direction while facing another. A good tactic as a warrior or
rogue is to run right at someone and then jump through them while turning to
land facing their back. This way you move out of their attack zone while
they always stay in yours.

On 21 Sep 2005 13:33:44 -0700, "Josh Mayfield"
<ultibloo-usenet3@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Stinger, this one's for you.
>
>Okay. As I've been grinding my undead mage toward 60 (50 at the
>moment) I'm so used to my fireball, fireball, fire blast, frost nova,
>strafe routine that I've been watching other players more than I've
>been watching my own mobs. For example, the level 45 human mage who
>didn't know how to kite. Just fireball, fireball, very slow fireball,
>very slow fireball, very slow fireball... [Bitterchill laughs at you.]
>
>So, why do some players jump like they've got ants in their pants
>during melee combat? I've seen rogues and paladins, and I think some
>other classes do this. I'm familiar with the animations of different
>class's special moves, and that's not what I'm talking about. I keep
>seeing these guys run up to engage a mob and then jump straight up and
>down between every hit, during the whole fight.
>
>What's going on? They're always Alliance, or I'd ask them myself.

If it's a Paladin you may be seeing him/her utilizing the Seal Of
Command (??) This Seal allows the user to cause significantly more
damage during melee combat. The animation has the character jumping
high in the air while he/she's striking. Possible ??

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> I keep
> seeing these guys run up to engage a mob and then jump straight up and
> down between every hit, during the whole fight.

Strafing around and running through newbie casters works well in WoW though,
maybe they think that jumping up and down when doing helps to disorientate
the casters and makes it harder to keep facing you.

I can't imagine it working at higher levels but anything that can possibly
help against fools is good at lower levels.

Mel

Josh Mayfield a écrit :
> Stinger, this one's for you.
>
> Okay. As I've been grinding my undead mage toward 60 (50 at the
> moment) I'm so used to my fireball, fireball, fire blast, frost nova,
> strafe routine that I've been watching other players more than I've
> been watching my own mobs. For example, the level 45 human mage who
> didn't know how to kite. Just fireball, fireball, very slow fireball,
> very slow fireball, very slow fireball... [Bitterchill laughs at you.]
>
> So, why do some players jump like they've got ants in their pants
> during melee combat? I've seen rogues and paladins, and I think some
> other classes do this. I'm familiar with the animations of different
> class's special moves, and that's not what I'm talking about. I keep
> seeing these guys run up to engage a mob and then jump straight up and
> down between every hit, during the whole fight.
>
> What's going on? They're always Alliance, or I'd ask them myself.
> --
> *** In World of Warcraft (North America Realms) ***
> Bitterchill, Undead Mage on Earthen Ring <unguilded>
> Gavvyn, Human Paladin on Earthen Ring <Shadow Brigade>
> Marasmus, Night Elf Warrior on Cenarion Circle <Kalimdor Crusaders>
> Mazona, Human Warlock on Cenarion Circle <Unorthodox Knights>
> Schattenlurk, Night Elf Rogue on Earthen Ring <Dark Justice>
> Wildefire, Tauren Shaman on Earthen Ring <unguilded>

I don't know... but it doesn't bother me 'cause I use tab targeting and
I turn on the spot (and I can sheep in my back)

On the other hand, a friend playing a warrior absoluteley HATES this
kind of behaviour; he plays with a mouse and a vocal interface (no
keyboard) at about 1m from the screen, so characters jumping all around
are very difficult for him to handle. (no keyboard shortcuts, no tab
targeting...)

So much so that he already quit once for 3 months in disgust with
"counterstrike" players on an RP server...

TRENDING THREADS