Does GTX 660 ti work well with amd?

guys i want to upgrade my pc so i wanted to ask a simple question cuz i know u have more experinces than me so .... i have AMD phenom X4 955 i want to buy Geforce GTX 660 Ti will the PC hold it well or i have to change the processor too

if not would it work with planetside 2 and same games with high grapghics and FPS !! ?
5 answers Last reply
More about does work
  1. It should be fine. While the Phenom II is kind of old at this point it can still handle modern video cards with no bottlenecks. Even if it does have a slight bottleneck if you overclock it that will solve the problem.
  2. thanks for the information. but i think over clocking the cpu would be dangerous :sweat:
  3. 7odaMP said:
    thanks for the information. but i think over clocking the cpu would be dangerous :sweat:

Not really if you know what you are doing. As long as you don't set the voltages to high and keep a close watch on the temps there should be no problem.
  4. planetside is still horribly optimized in all honesty

My Phenom II x4 965 3.8ghz & 7850 2GB struggles with this game imo. Yes i have high standards when it comes to FPS.. anything below 50 i start to tweak.

And when i see my 7850 having only 30-40% GPU usage it's rather annoying and its not that my CPU is being maxed out either

the only games i see my CPU maxed out atm is Crysis 3 / BF3...

both these two games my CPU & GPU are pretty much maxed out

as for your question yes a 660ti will work just fine.
  5. sorry for disturbing u bros.. u really were usefull but i wont upgrade the pc for 1 year later so i wanted to take the rigth desc. of buying GTX 660 ti thanks guys
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gtx AMD