Sign in with
Your question

Need help with my build!

Last response: in Systems
September 21, 2012 11:31:14 AM

hey, people on tomsharware. i'm thinking of building a pc that's mainly used for gaming and some homework(highschool right now :D  ). i researched many things and came up with this build:
MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H LGA1155 Micro ATX Motherboard
CPU: intel core i5-3330
GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD7870 GHz Edition 2GB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
PSU: Coolermaster gx 80+ bronze 650w psu
CASE: coolermaster HAF 912 advanced
DVD BURNER: LG GH24NS90 Internal SATA 24x Dual Layer Super Multi DVD Burner
HARD DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
SSD: OCZ agility 3 120GB SSD internal solid state drive 2.5inch SATA 3
i was wondering if they can work together and if you guys got any good suggestions that can save me money without punishing the performance by too much, feel free to post :) 
ps. i wont be overclocking
tyvm

More about : build

a c 93 B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2012 6:55:03 PM

What's your budget? I would switch out that PSU as Cooler Master PSUs are not to be trusted, a full H77 ATX board is far, far better than B75, and I think I would ditch the SSD in favor of a stronger GPU - the OCZ Agility 3 isn't the best choice on the market.
September 22, 2012 12:14:02 AM

budget is around 1k(AUD), i'm really confused with the motherboard as i'm not sure what i want :(  . about the SSD. from what i've heard, SSD makes ur windows & programs start and run faster than a hard drive. if it's just making them start faster , then i might ditch them. about the GPU, i can always wait a bit to save some $$ and get a better one instead of hd 7870, what do you recommend?
and what psu would u recommend?
!