Your question

How to install email

Last response: in Windows 7
February 13, 2012 11:27:54 AM

Hello,
i have an email adress how do i istall it

More about : install email

February 13, 2012 11:33:08 AM

What email program are you using? Outlook, Lotus Notes, Thunderbird?

You don't have an "install" an email - just configure it in your software. You can also likely use webmail (access your email through a browser), depending on provider.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2012 12:10:14 PM

Windows 7, unlike all other versions of Windows before it, does not come with email software. Outlook Express was so simple and easy to use for the vast majority of people, Microsoft decided to remove it for some reason. Now, you have to go download a bloated, resource hogging, overdone piece crap software called "Windows Live" to get a ramped up "super power user" version of Outlook that most people don't need, and simply hate to be honest. I remember when we installed it on our network at our Company, worst thing I ever seen our company do software wise. Required extensive hardware and software upgrades amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all it does is keep people who spend a lot of time on their PC doing nothing productive, spend even more time doing nothing productive. The entire IT team that campaigned for the switch was finally discharged and replaced, literally, for spending a lot of money for no gainful return. Okay, I have ranted enough you get my idea of what I think of "Windows Live". Anyway......

So, you have to install Windows Live, or some other third party email program if you want email in Win 7. Nice eh?
m
l
Related resources
February 13, 2012 4:30:29 PM

jitpublisher said:
Windows 7, unlike all other versions of Windows before it, does not come with email software. Outlook Express was so simple and easy to use for the vast majority of people, Microsoft decided to remove it for some reason. Now, you have to go download a bloated, resource hogging, overdone piece crap software called "Windows Live" to get a ramped up "super power user" version of Outlook that most people don't need, and simply hate to be honest. I remember when we installed it on our network at our Company, worst thing I ever seen our company do software wise. Required extensive hardware and software upgrades amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all it does is keep people who spend a lot of time on their PC doing nothing productive, spend even more time doing nothing productive. The entire IT team that campaigned for the switch was finally discharged and replaced, literally, for spending a lot of money for no gainful return. Okay, I have ranted enough you get my idea of what I think of "Windows Live". Anyway......

So, you have to install Windows Live, or some other third party email program if you want email in Win 7. Nice eh?

They got in all that anti-trust trouble a few years back for bundling their software with Windows, so they stopped and now you have to download it. It very nearly happened to IE too, imagine if you had to try and download a browser...without a browser.
m
l
February 13, 2012 5:31:18 PM

The IE stuff wasn't because they were bundling IE, it was because they tried to disallow using other browsers and made it literally impossible to remove IE.
m
l
!