PSU choise atx-matx

Gerasimos8

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hello everyone, :hello:
this is my first post here and I would like to get an advice on the psu choise. I have already built a pc and i'm about to order the components for the second one. In this one i'm trying to buy cheaper components so instead of buying an atx as i did in my first build i want to try the matx. So the question is if i buy an matx-atx case that will handle my psu then will i have to find a specific psu for my mobo? I mean is there a catergory of psus for atx or matx motherboards? I'm thinking of the CORSAIR 430W BUILDER SERIES V2 80+ psu , GIGABYTE Z77M-D3H mobo, INTEL Core i5 3570 @ 3,4GHz and i haven't decided yet for the rest but i'll have a cheap case because i don't care about design in this pc. Any help or suggestions for this build will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Gerasimos8

1: you should have gotten a h77 board since you cant overclock anyways
2: you could have saved the money and gotten a i5 3310 since you wont see the performance difference between a 3570 and a 3310

for the case, id suggest the antec one or the antec 302.

for the psu, get the xfx 550w. usually sells for 49.99 after MIR

1) The corsair 430W one is a very good PSU. And the regular PSU will fix in most mATX cases but not for the mATX slim cases.
Here is review for the PSU. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2-Power-Supply-Review/1284

2) that PSU will handle for the system you thinking like the i5-3570 / Z77, 8GB RAM, even plus the GPU like HD 7850. This is the game PC, if you don't game you can pick the i3 3225 that has the HD4000 (intel, not the AMD).

3) If you want to pick the cheaper pc components like case, that is OK. But don't pick the cheaper PSU that is the heart of PC.

Gerasimos8

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Thank you for answering.
you should have gotten a h77 board since you cant overclock anyways
I'm looking for h77 mobos now.

you could have saved the money and gotten a i5 3310 since you wont see the performance difference between a 3570 and a 3310
I will buy the components from 3 different eshops but i searched and none of them has the 3310 cpu. I want to save money but i'm also thinking of perfomance, so if there isn't any big difference in performance between the i5 3570 and a cpu that you suggest then i'm ok with it. I'm building this pc as a business pc not a gaming pc so i won't add a dedicated gpu but i'll stick with the intergrated.

for the case, id suggest the antec one or the antec 302.
I also searched for this case and i can't find even one eshop that sells this one.

for the psu, get the xfx 550w. usually sells for 49.99 after MIR
I searched for this psu and in my country it costs 66 Euro when the corsair psu is 45 Euro.

The corsair 430W one is a very good PSU. And the regular PSU will fix in most mATX cases but not for the mATX slim cases.
thanks for the tip.

that PSU will handle for the system you thinking like the i5-3570 / Z77, 8GB RAM, even plus the GPU like HD 7850. This is the game PC, if you don't game you can pick the i3 3225 that has the HD4000 (intel, not the AMD).
As i said this won't be a gaming pc but i'm concerned about perfomance and that's why i picked the i5 cpu. Do you think that there won't be a big difference between the i5 3570 and an i3 cpu?

If you want to pick the cheaper pc components like case, that is OK. But don't pick the cheaper PSU that is the heart of PC.
I understand that but isn't this a good psu? It also has 3 years warranty

you should have gotten a h77 board since you cant overclock anyways
Btw since you mentioned oc in my first build i have 3770k cpu and asrock extreme 4 mobo etc and i can oc even the mobo has oc options in the bios to just set the speed of the cpu that you want. But i'm thinking that i'll lose the warranty if i oc (i built this 2 months ago). Will it make a big difference if i raise the cpu speed and is there a danger of harming my components? What do you suggest?

1: sorry for the i5. its called the i5 3330
2: where are you? you could also check out the antec 300 if they have that
3: for games, a i3 is enough. if its bf3 multi-player, a i5 is better
4: the xfx psu is a lot better. trust me on this

Gerasimos8

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Ok then i'll get the 3330 it's about 30 euro cheaper. I live in Greece. The antec 300 costs 65 euro with 10 euro shipping because the company isn't in Athens. If i buy a case from the eshops i'm looking i won't have to pay shipping so i'll look for something else. It won't be a gaming pc and that's why i won't buy a dedicated gpu.
the xfx psu is a lot better. trust me on this
If you say so i'll bu this one. Can you also answer me in this?

Btw since you mentioned oc in my first build i have 3770k cpu and asrock extreme 4 mobo etc and i can oc even the mobo has oc options in the bios to just set the speed of the cpu that you want. But i'm thinking that i'll lose the warranty if i oc (i built this 2 months ago). Will it make a big difference if i raise the cpu speed and is there a danger of harming my components? What do you suggest?
Thanks again for the help.

Gerasimos8

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
you could have saved the money and gotten a i5 3310 since you wont see the performance difference between a 3570 and a 3310
The i5 3330 is 30 euro cheaper but what do you mean i won't see the performance difference between them. Is something i need to change in my build?

Gerasimos8

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
After some searching i decided to take the Gigabyte H77-D3H mobo that is also an atx so i won't have to worry about the psu. One last question. As i said this pc won't be a gaming one so i won't add a dedicated gpu. So i won't need much wattage like the xfx that you mentioned. Do you think i should still get this one or search for a psu with lower wattage?

Gerasimos8

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I checked the link and since i won't be having a gpu in my build then i'll take the corsair psu with 430w. Thank you for your answer. I'll post one last time in the thread before closing it listing my full build to ask for your opinion and then close this.