Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

[Q] Will Intel i5 3470 + 7870 run Crysis 3?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 4, 2013 3:01:59 PM

Like i asked Will Intel i5 3470 + 7870 run Crysis 3?. Also I won't change the pc for about three years, so i want to know if it's good enough? Thanks in advance! :D 
February 4, 2013 3:02:26 PM

hotshot2797 said:
Like i asked Will Intel i5 3470 + 7870 run Crysis 3?. Also I won't change the pc for about three years, so i want to know if it's good enough? Thanks in advance! :D 


Yes
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:06:59 PM

Surely you meat 3570k? Right? Why in the world would you get a 3470? To me your wasting hard earned cash on a non upgradable CPU. A total waste in my eyes. Especially when you can buy the 3570k for the same price. I just do not get people who spend this much on a CPU and get something like the 3470. Explain this to me? Why, of all the CPU's out there, are you picking the 3470?
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:08:08 PM

And you also want to keep this thing for 3 years? And it's non-upgradable. If you want something for that long a time then make sure it can overclock.
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:08:13 PM

phil_livesey said:
Yes


Thanks for the super quick reply mate! So the system is ok for 3 years?
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:10:10 PM

ericjohn004 said:
Surely you meat 3570k? Right? Why in the world would you get a 3470? To me your wasting hard earned cash on a non upgradable CPU. A total waste in my eyes. Especially when you can buy the 3570k for the same price. I just do not get people who spend this much on a CPU and get something like the 3470. Explain this to me? Why, of all the CPU's out there, are you picking the 3470?


Dude stop going full ballistic. One,There is a diff of 3500 INR that is 65$ between the 3470 and 3570K in my country.
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:10:31 PM

It's not just down to your CPU and GPU. What RAM do you have? If you have like 2GB of DDR2 RAM, then you'd get a massive bottleneck. However, if you have like 4 or 8gb of DDR3 RAM, then you'll be ok.

Everyone is making valid points though, there are better processors out there.
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:13:03 PM

phil_livesey said:
It's not just down to your CPU and GPU. What RAM do you have? If you have like 2GB of DDR2 RAM, then you'd get a massive bottleneck. However, if you have like 4 or 8gb of DDR3 RAM, then you'll be ok.

Everyone is making valid points though, there are better processors out there.

I'd be getting 8Gigs of DDR3. And I don't think any Intel Ivy Bridge chipsets support DDR3 Mem anymore.. :??: 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:14:11 PM

Sorry about the ballisticness of my reply. But here in the USA there is only a 20 dollar difference. The 3470 is 199.99 and the 3570k is 219.99. And I saw the 3570k on sale yesterday for 199.99. So you should be able to find a deal too. And WOW a 65$ difference. That doesn't sound right. Look for a better deal.

And think about it man. Do you REALLY want a CPU that you can't even brag about? I mean the 3570k is like a legend and your gonna pass that up for a 3470?
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:16:46 PM

Thats ok mate all good here. I searched on newegg.com and there is no difference at all! It's awesome! I'll wait for a month or two and get the 3570K altogether. Then 3570K+7870 good for 3- 3 1/2 years??
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:20:36 PM

The system is not ok for 3 years in my opinion, if you can't even overclock that means your stuck at that speed. Overclocking can give you a 40% advantage sometimes. And if your strapped for cash then I recommend an AMD 6300 or AMD 8350. The 6300 is about on par maybe a little below the 3470 and the 8350 is above it.
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:21:43 PM

hotshot2797 said:
I'd be getting 8Gigs of DDR3. And I don't think any Intel Ivy Bridge chipsets support DDR3 Mem anymore.. :??: 


They do.

I've got the 3570k and the EVGA 660 SC, and so far, everything that has been thrown at it, it has destroyed.

The 660 is a bit better than the 7870 and a bit more expensive.
Make sure the motherboard you get will support sata iii too, there's no such thing as futureproofing a computer, but that is a start.
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:21:45 PM

Oh great man. I just read your reply. Happy to hear that your going with the 3570k. GREAT CHOICE. GREAT OVERCLOCKER. I recommend the Gigabyte Z77 UD3H board.
Share
February 4, 2013 3:23:54 PM

Thanks Eric!! Then 3570K with An Awesome aftercooler all da way!!
Score
0
February 4, 2013 3:24:02 PM

Best answer selected by hotshot2797.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:25:27 PM

Yeah I'd say that setup will be good for 3 years. You can also wait for Haswell to come out. The new Ivy Bridge chips. They have the 4670k that's fixing to come out. That'll be around 6 months I think though. Buy that'll future proof you for an additional year if you wait.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2013 3:26:17 PM

Thanks a lot for the best answer man. Let me know if you want me to recommend you a cooler. Just look below and you can see what I have.
Score
0
!