Closed Solved

[Q] Will Intel i5 3470 + 7870 run Crysis 3?

Like i asked Will Intel i5 3470 + 7870 run Crysis 3?. Also I won't change the pc for about three years, so i want to know if it's good enough? Thanks in advance! :D
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel 3470 7870 crysis
  1. hotshot2797 said:
    Like i asked Will Intel i5 3470 + 7870 run Crysis 3?. Also I won't change the pc for about three years, so i want to know if it's good enough? Thanks in advance! :D

Yes
  2. Surely you meat 3570k? Right? Why in the world would you get a 3470? To me your wasting hard earned cash on a non upgradable CPU. A total waste in my eyes. Especially when you can buy the 3570k for the same price. I just do not get people who spend this much on a CPU and get something like the 3470. Explain this to me? Why, of all the CPU's out there, are you picking the 3470?
  3. And you also want to keep this thing for 3 years? And it's non-upgradable. If you want something for that long a time then make sure it can overclock.
  4. phil_livesey said:
    Yes

Thanks for the super quick reply mate! So the system is ok for 3 years?
  5. ericjohn004 said:
    Surely you meat 3570k? Right? Why in the world would you get a 3470? To me your wasting hard earned cash on a non upgradable CPU. A total waste in my eyes. Especially when you can buy the 3570k for the same price. I just do not get people who spend this much on a CPU and get something like the 3470. Explain this to me? Why, of all the CPU's out there, are you picking the 3470?

Dude stop going full ballistic. One,There is a diff of 3500 INR that is 65$ between the 3470 and 3570K in my country.
  6. It's not just down to your CPU and GPU. What RAM do you have? If you have like 2GB of DDR2 RAM, then you'd get a massive bottleneck. However, if you have like 4 or 8gb of DDR3 RAM, then you'll be ok.

Everyone is making valid points though, there are better processors out there.
  7. phil_livesey said:
    It's not just down to your CPU and GPU. What RAM do you have? If you have like 2GB of DDR2 RAM, then you'd get a massive bottleneck. However, if you have like 4 or 8gb of DDR3 RAM, then you'll be ok.

Everyone is making valid points though, there are better processors out there.

I'd be getting 8Gigs of DDR3. And I don't think any Intel Ivy Bridge chipsets support DDR3 Mem anymore.. :??:
  8. Sorry about the ballisticness of my reply. But here in the USA there is only a 20 dollar difference. The 3470 is 199.99 and the 3570k is 219.99. And I saw the 3570k on sale yesterday for 199.99. So you should be able to find a deal too. And WOW a 65$ difference. That doesn't sound right. Look for a better deal.

And think about it man. Do you REALLY want a CPU that you can't even brag about? I mean the 3570k is like a legend and your gonna pass that up for a 3470?
  9. Thats ok mate all good here. I searched on newegg.com and there is no difference at all! It's awesome! I'll wait for a month or two and get the 3570K altogether. Then 3570K+7870 good for 3- 3 1/2 years??
  10. The system is not ok for 3 years in my opinion, if you can't even overclock that means your stuck at that speed. Overclocking can give you a 40% advantage sometimes. And if your strapped for cash then I recommend an AMD 6300 or AMD 8350. The 6300 is about on par maybe a little below the 3470 and the 8350 is above it.
  11. hotshot2797 said:
    I'd be getting 8Gigs of DDR3. And I don't think any Intel Ivy Bridge chipsets support DDR3 Mem anymore.. :??:

They do.

I've got the 3570k and the EVGA 660 SC, and so far, everything that has been thrown at it, it has destroyed.

The 660 is a bit better than the 7870 and a bit more expensive.
    Make sure the motherboard you get will support sata iii too, there's no such thing as futureproofing a computer, but that is a start.
  12. Best answer
    Oh great man. I just read your reply. Happy to hear that your going with the 3570k. GREAT CHOICE. GREAT OVERCLOCKER. I recommend the Gigabyte Z77 UD3H board.
  13. Thanks Eric!! Then 3570K with An Awesome aftercooler all da way!!
  14. Best answer selected by hotshot2797.
  15. Yeah I'd say that setup will be good for 3 years. You can also wait for Haswell to come out. The new Ivy Bridge chips. They have the 4670k that's fixing to come out. That'll be around 6 months I think though. Buy that'll future proof you for an additional year if you wait.
  16. Thanks a lot for the best answer man. Let me know if you want me to recommend you a cooler. Just look below and you can see what I have.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Crysis Intel i5