Solved

First build any input if you could

Hey Tom's,
This is my first build and on a budget with a little to Spair before buying soon. I would like some input or thoughts on it please. Feel pretty good about it but,
Is this ram correct for the set up?
Should I up the power supply to 500w?
Best thermal ...stuff to use for the apu?
More Fans?
I will get add a video card and more ram soon. (the USB wifi is for another pc will be moving the modem to this one)
http://i.imgur.com/vNUcH.jpg
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first build input could
  1. Look for a 1600Mhz RAM instead of an 1866MHz. You won't notice a difference.
    I prefer the Phenom II x4 965, but yea don't take my word for that.
    PSU is enough.
  2. Is that with the apu in mind? I read something about the faster the ram the better for them more then most also the price is probably very close, gonna check thanks
  3. Great checking them all out now, thank you
  4. its not going to make a ton of a difference. yes higher speed ram helps but high speed ram comes with higher latency which counteract each other
  5. Oh geeze I read half that power supply info XD
  6. atleast it wasnt junk. its very good but not the best for the money
  7. Ok well I have realistic views on how this will run, I haven't kept up on hardware for awhile. Should I worrie about over heating or wait and see how it runs?
  8. it wont overheat
  9. You should be fine with stock cooler, unless you're overclocking...?
  10. there is no stock cooler with the 3930k. so i suggested getting the nh-d14 se2011 from noctua
  11. Ohh okay. My bad.
  12. Best answer
    the Llano system is a decent one for basic use and light gaming. (720p for high end stuff)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.98 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus F1A55-M LE Micro ATX FM1 Motherboard ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($28.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card ($56.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill R363-M-BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/400W Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $341.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-21 12:32 EDT-0400)

this adds a 6670 in crossfire, 8 GB RAM, a higher quality motherboard (though it lacks SATA III and USB 3), a 500 GB drive, and has a much cheaper case and PSU. the 400W PSU is still plenty for this build
  13. Best answer selected by PVP.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build RAM Systems Product