Heart of the swarm, starcraft 2, silver/gold league

caj27

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: the end of October

Budget Range: $550-650 Before Rebates & After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: word processing, web surfing, watching Youtube, Netflix, Hulu and playing Starcraft 4v4 with the highest setting possible (hopefully 1080p resolution).

Are you buying a monitor: No, I already have a 37" HDTV that I use as a monitor. Viore brand--it was cheap.

Parts to Upgrade: I currently have a really old Dell Dimension 8400. I upgraded the RAM to 2GBs and the video card is a GeForce 8600GT. Otherwise it's stock (P4 single-core, 3.0Ghz). I doubt any of these components will be useful in my new computer. I need all new parts.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes. I think Win 7 is good since Win 8 might be tailored for touch screens.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com or other reputable dealer but no real preference otherwise.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Northern Virginia, USA

Parts Preferences: I don't care: Intel or AMD--> although I've been getting the impression that Intel has faster chips for epic battles in Starcraft 2.

Overclocking: Maybe. Never done it.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe. Why would I if I'm building a budget computer?

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080p

Additional comments: My apartment complex pays for all my utils, so I don't care if the power consumption is high.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm sick of watching slide-shows during epic battles invovling 200-population-capped teams.

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hah I dont think your league in sc2 has any bearing on the demand that the game puts on your system. I think sc2 is CPU intensive.

You certianly don't need sli for sc2.

You might want to see what ATI has to offer in the budget card range too.