Sign in with
Your question

Can I have some clarification upon the Packard Bell oneTwo L5861 please?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 12:29:33 AM

Does the Packard Bell oneTwo L5861 have a PCI-Express slot that I can put a graphics card in? I want to play bf3 on this computer and it seems that the only thing below par is the graphics card (although the one it came with is so bad that you get about 1-2 fps with it). Although apparently it doesn't actually have a graphics card as such, and uses some other setup instead and I get the impression that I need one of these slots to use one... (or am I wrong?). I am currently unable to open the thing and look for one, but even if I could I wouldn't recognise one if it jumped up and down on me naked chanting MAMA MAMA LOOK AT ME I'M GONNA BE A BAGEL WHEN I'M OLDER!!!1!! :p 
August 2, 2012 3:38:23 AM

Maybe, these kinda all in one computers tend to use propietary form factors. Your mother board does have a PCIE slot in it. There are several types of pcie the most common are 1x and 16X, they are located on the bottom left corner of the board 1x is the white one, 16x is the brown/black one (sorry Im color blind). You will need a low form factor video card. Low form factor cards tend to be less than stellar video cards, if it even fits.
Here are some choices for video cards for you again if they fit the next problem would be taking it apart.

I hope that helps if not please ask me anything.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 5:33:25 PM

Thanks! That's all I needed to know! :D  I think I should be okay taking it apart, I've found a video that shows you how to upgrade the memory, which obviously involves getting to the motherboard :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 6:31:12 PM

Actually, which of cards would you recommend? I don't mind saving up, and as I said I would like to be able to play Battlefield 3 on it. Looking at the and the page you directed me to, none of these are NVIDIA or AMD so I'm not sure where I stand with regard to these specifications.

Please note that other than BF3, this computer will only really be used for your run-of-the-mill internet browsing and YouTubing, etc. All pretty basic stuff.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 6:32:54 PM

Sorry, the URLs got all messed up there XD
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 6:57:09 PM

chad2625 said:
Maybe, these kinda all in one computers tend to use propietary form factors. Your mother board does have a PCIE slot in it. There are several types of pcie the most common are 1x and 16X, they are located on the bottom left corner of the board 1x is the white one, 16x is the brown/black one (sorry Im color blind). You will need a low form factor video card. Low form factor cards tend to be less than stellar video cards, if it even fits.
Here are some choices for video cards for you again if they fit the next problem would be taking it apart.

I hope that helps if not please ask me anything.

Sorry, noob question, do you not get the notification unless I quote you? :L
August 2, 2012 10:22:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks! That's all I needed to know! :D  I think I should be okay taking it apart, I've found a video that shows you how to upgrade the memory, which obviously involves getting to the motherboard :) 

Well there are a few things or questions you asked that I wanted to comment on.

1) Actually all the video cards I linked to are either ATI or Nvidia Cards. These companies just make the chips, and desgins and sells them to another company who then puts it together, slaps there logo on and sells it. Consider this you bought a Packard Bell computer, that has an Intel or AMD processor in it, not and Intel or Amd computer I hope that makes sense.

2) No you do not need to quote me I still get notifted I was just away from my computer.

3) I would suggest one of these, these were not solutions I orginaly suggested but, they should still work.... .... .... and be * more powerful. Im also suggesting these cards because the support DX11

The first (being the best) Its a ATI 6670. This card is the best in your size class. My only concern is that it is a little on the long side, about 7 inches. Before you purchase one please open your computer and check to make sure the card will fit.

Option two is a little shorter, an radeon 6570

Its a bit shorter so if the first one does not fit use it instead

4) These are not going to be powerful gaming cards. These should let you play some to most games, and medium to medium-high settings.
August 2, 2012 10:26:22 PM

Forgot one thing these cards do need some power to them so, since your going to have your computer opened anyhow to make sure that these guys will fit, Please check your Power supply's wattage, and please post
!