Gtx 560 Ti 1gb vs 7850 2gb

Ok so I'm going to build a new gaming pc and I was wondering which one of these cards are better . the GTX560 Ti Twin frozr 2 Msi 1GB or the Sapphire HD 7850 2GB .Im a fan of Nvidia but the ATI seems pretty good , besides they cost the same where I live ( Hungary ) so .
the PC that I'm trying to build configuration is :

Intel I5 3550 3.3Ghz
8Gb of ram
550 or 500 W psu cooler master prolly
AeroCool Strike X
1.5 Tb hard at 7200 RPM
14 answers Last reply
More about 7850
  1. ah i see . do you think 500 w would be enough or I should stick with the 550 ? and I heard a Gtx 660 is coming soon . do you know anything about it?
  2. Get the 550W. I would recommend you get an OCZ or Antec brand if you can. Corsair is really good too.

    Here's a really good one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020 and it gives you some extra room for overclocking. Also, get either the 3570K, 2550K or 2500K for overclocking, it really helps give you extra FPS in Skyrim, and BF3 multiplayer. The 2500K is the same price and the 3570K isn't much more. For cooling, get a cooler master 212+ for $19, it'll let you push a 2500K to 4.6GHz easy.
  3. the HD 7850 is faster and has great oc headroom ?
  4. stant1rm said:
    Get the 550W. I would recommend you get an OCZ or Antec brand if you can. Corsair is really good too.

    Here's a really good one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020 and it gives you some extra room for overclocking. Also, get either the 3570K, 2550K or 2500K for overclocking, it really helps give you extra FPS in Skyrim, and BF3 multiplayer. The 2500K is the same price and the 3570K isn't much more. For cooling, get a cooler master 212+ for $19, it'll let you push a 2500K to 4.6GHz easy.



    Ok thx ! and i forgot 2 mention that i might play games in 3d or watch movies in 3d as well .i might pay more 2 get the 2gb version of 560 ti msi twin frozr .what do u think? still the 7850 is better?
  5. I have the 2gb 560ti twin frozr ii and I really enjoy it. I never had a 7850 so can't really compare. For the price I think the 2GB Twin frozr is the best choice.
  6. The Radeon HD 7850 has HD3D support and 2GB of RAM for high resolution 3D gaming and movies. The 7850 is a much better choice for what you want to do. You won't be disappointed, I promise.
  7. stant1rm said:
    The Radeon HD 7850 has HD3D support and 2GB of RAM for high resolution 3D gaming and movies. The 7850 is a much better choice for what you want to do. You won't be disappointed, I promise.



    Alright thx m8 im gonna get the 7850 . wish me luck on the bidding in ebay !
  8. Good luck!
  9. stant1rm said:
    Good luck!


    lost it :(
  10. Next time :)

    I suggest you use newegg or tigerdirect considering any used object on ebay is probably broken or there is something wrong with it. So either don't use ebay or make sure its brand new
  11. PresidentSwag said:
    Next time :)

    I suggest you use newegg or tigerdirect considering any used object on ebay is probably broken or there is something wrong with it. So either don't use ebay or make sure its brand new


    I wish I could order from Newegg but I'm in Europe-Hungary and I tried ordering from German Ebay cuz it was cheaper in there :D do you know any sites like newegg or tigerdirect that ship to Eu ? maybe ? the prices in here are insanly higher than there :S though there might a 2gb version of 560 ti cheaper than 7850 . cause I'm really tight on the budget right now :S but if still more money's worth the 7850 I will try looking in my empty pockets again xD
  12. HD 7850 vs GTX 560 Ti both stock
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=547
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Build Graphics Product