HELP! Getting electric shocks from case and mouse???

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Hi guys,

I really desperately need some help here please. I have just built my new gaming build and moved into my new house in a different country to be with family, I moved from the UK where we use 3-Pin plugs and moved to Europe where they use 2-Pin plugs and so far the PC seems to be running ok. BUT..... I am getting buzzed with electric from some electrical devices, including my PC!! :ouch:
I know absolutely nothing about electrics so I have asked a few local people and they tell me that over here the plug sockets are NOT earthed in anyway.
It's not static as it isn't a "crack" I'm getting it's a constant "buzz" like one of those muscle toning machines, just a gentle but irritating buzzing and tingling. I'm not getting it from the whole case so "Only guessing" because it's coated in paint, but I am getting the buzz from anything uncoated like screws in the case or the mouse which has a alloy construction.
I'm absolutely shitty myself that my beautiful new PC is going to get fried :(

So can anyone offer me any advice to what I could do to earth it other than digging out the sockets and re-wiring everything. As I said I know "nothing" about electrics so please forgive my ignorance but could something as simple as attaching a wire to the case then touching the ground work???
Is there anything I can do??? :??:

Please, I'm really worried about his.
Thanks everyone

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012

I've tried turning the plug and I've tried different sockets. It's really weird, there are no carpets to build up static and it only happens when I'm either barefoot or in socks, when I have shoes or slippers on it doesn't happen but as soon as I take off a slipper and put my foot on the floor it starts buzzing through me, just a light buzzing irritating rather than painful but it's worrying my big time :??: