Should i upgrade or start over?

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello i have a question. i want to have a gaming specific PCs and have it to be able to run all games on ultra and most games in the future as well at 60+ fps. should i use this as a backup pc or upgrade it, i want a better motherboard and two or three GTX 680 or GTX 670s, sorry about being kinda clueless on PCs .

My components are,
(motherboard) Gigabyte, GA-MA770T-UD3P
(cpu) AMD Phenom ll X2 550
(graphics card) ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series with 512 MBytes
(RAM) 8GB ddr3 at 669.7 MHz

none of the components are overclocked.

TaintedG

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Yeah if you aren't worried too much about money..I'd go for a new build. It's always great to start new(unless it's not worth it).

BUt I've looked at ur motherboard..and here are the best parts ur current mobo can support.

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Processor-Edition-HDT90ZFBGRBOX/dp/B003FVI2KQ

I'd say get one 690..but that's really expensive..tbh one 680 can get the job done.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345 (get two of these max 16gb).

Are you comfortable upgrading the mobo? Give budget if you are :).

Unfortunately I can't find any online distributer of that processor. So try a local shop or some other site :S.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

yes im confortable with upgrading the motherboard. the only thing im not really sure on is the usb ports and stuff in that area. putting graphics cards cpu heat sinks and stuff are no problem. whats a good motherboard under 300. maby go a little higher price if its worth it, im soon to get a job and save up for a few months and buy every part when i can or when its on sale. im 15 by the way so if you guys would would you dumb down your sentances so their a little easyer for me to understand like whats good and whats bad

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

by the time im done i want to spend around 2000 or a little more within this year and buying little peices here and there. i mainly just need a list of quality components to use and that will play any game on ultra. i wana be able to run crysis 3 when i get it