Sign in with
Your question

Power supply screw holes not matching up with case.

Last response: in Components
February 4, 2013 6:18:50 PM

My case which is a rosewill blackbone, the screwholes for it are not lining up with the power supply a corsair cx600. The 2 left screw holes are about 1/8 inch off.....what do i do?
February 4, 2013 7:30:11 PM

It's an ATX case and so is the PSU, so I can only put it down to poor quality control by the case builder as 1/8 inch is too small a difference to be due to anything else such as the PSU being the wrong type.

All I can suggest is you slot the case holes with a small circular file or a Dremel-type power tool.
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 4, 2013 7:47:23 PM

raxor30 said:
My case which is a rosewill blackbone, the screwholes for it are not lining up with the power supply a corsair cx600. The 2 left screw holes are about 1/8 inch off.....what do i do?

Return it to your vendor for one that is actually manufactured properly.

1/8" is a lot to be out by. That would be extremely poor manufacturing tolerances and would be considered a manufacturing defect.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 4, 2013 7:47:46 PM

Have you try flipping the psu over?
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 4, 2013 7:51:40 PM

Goodeggray said:
Have you try flipping the psu over?

The PSU's 120mm cooling fan needs to face in a downward direction.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 2:21:51 AM

Did he state if the fan is up or down. The psu works fine in either position. Somethings you don't want the fan down. If you have deep carpeting the air flow from the bottom is not good enough.
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 3:36:47 AM

Goodeggray said:
Did he state if the fan is up or down. The psu works fine in either position. Somethings you don't want the fan down. If you have deep carpeting the air flow from the bottom is not good enough.

The Rosewill Blackbone computer case has the PSU top mounted.

m
l
!