Sign in with
Your question

AMD FX 8320 stock cooler normal parameters of fan RPM ?

Last response: in CPUs
February 4, 2013 6:50:27 PM

I buy this processor FX 8320, with stock cooler. CPU is not overclocked. All is well, but I think that the cooling fan is too loud and works at very high RPM. During operation, in the operating system without high load CPU maintain a temperature of 45 degrees, and stock fan up to 6000 RPM.... My Motherboard is GA 990xa - UD3, OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I enabled the automatic fan control of BIOS... Is this normal for this CPU ?

a c 141 à CPUs
February 4, 2013 10:13:30 PM

yes.
a c 307 à CPUs
February 5, 2013 2:33:12 AM

+1^
I can't read Cyrillic script, but if I interpret correctly, all looks normal. If your fan(s) isn't slowing down and your CPU is staying at max freq (as shown in CPU-Z), it may be because you have your Control Panel/Power/ Power Plan set to High Performance. Sometimes that will over ride the BIOS settings.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2013 3:09:58 AM

The stock coolers on the FX CPU's are loud and in my opinion do not cool very well. I know that when I was using my FX 8120 and FX 8350 rigs I had water cooled both of them to keep them cooler and lower the noise from the stock coolers. I would look into getting a aftermarket heatsink/fan at least.
February 5, 2013 11:15:00 AM

I found a solution to the situation ! Just put two fan case (80mm). And result in the same load CPU is perfect. CPU Fan down with 50% and is very very much quieter. Hardly hear it works. Thanks for answers ! :) 

July 26, 2013 6:33:58 AM

You said:

I found a solution to the situation ! Just put two fan case (80mm). And result in the same load CPU is perfect. CPU Fan down with 50% and is very very much quieter. Hardly hear it works. Thanks for answers ! :) 

I am having the same problem with my new build... are you saying if I add a case fan it will be quieter? or are you saying i should add two case fans?

Your advice would really help!

Thanks
!