AMD FX 8320 stock cooler normal parameters of fan RPM ?

karov

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I buy this processor FX 8320, with stock cooler. CPU is not overclocked. All is well, but I think that the cooling fan is too loud and works at very high RPM. During operation, in the operating system without high load CPU maintain a temperature of 45 degrees, and stock fan up to 6000 RPM.... My Motherboard is GA 990xa - UD3, OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I enabled the automatic fan control of BIOS... Is this normal for this CPU ?
92009994.jpg

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
+1^
I can't read Cyrillic script, but if I interpret correctly, all looks normal. If your fan(s) isn't slowing down and your CPU is staying at max freq (as shown in CPU-Z), it may be because you have your Control Panel/Power/ Power Plan set to High Performance. Sometimes that will over ride the BIOS settings.

The stock coolers on the FX CPU's are loud and in my opinion do not cool very well. I know that when I was using my FX 8120 and FX 8350 rigs I had water cooled both of them to keep them cooler and lower the noise from the stock coolers. I would look into getting a aftermarket heatsink/fan at least.

karov

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I found a solution to the situation ! Just put two fan case (80mm). And result in the same load CPU is perfect. CPU Fan down with 50% and is very very much quieter. Hardly hear it works. Thanks for answers ! :)
83872435.jpg

KamG83

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
You said:

I found a solution to the situation ! Just put two fan case (80mm). And result in the same load CPU is perfect. CPU Fan down with 50% and is very very much quieter. Hardly hear it works. Thanks for answers ! :)

I am having the same problem with my new build... are you saying if I add a case fan it will be quieter? or are you saying i should add two case fans?

Your advice would really help!

Thanks

aquaprofile

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

He's saying he added 2 fans and it added enough airflow and removed Hot air and introduced cold air into his system to keep the fan from spinning up so fast to try and cool the Cpu. You should add fans to your case if there are spots for them. In my opionion if your case has just one fan and the cpu fan, that isnt enough. A lot of prebuilt ones have just one exhaust fan and thats it..