Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I need advise on building a computer for music production.

Last response: in Systems
September 21, 2012 8:23:07 PM

Hi,I keep hearing how building a computer is cheaper than buying one pre built so I want to make my own.
I need help on figuring out what all parts I should get. I was hoping to keep the price in the 500-800$ range.

I'll use this computer for music production and hooking up midi devises and recording drums guitar and vocals.
I want to use pro tools,native instruments and possibly other software.

I want to get a computer that runs smoothly and won't get outdated soon and that's quiet and fast.
I might be doing some video editing in adobe after effects possibly if I could.

Can you help me find what processor,fan,case,motherboard,hard drive,ect. would be good for this?
Tips are always appreciated.

Thanks

September 22, 2012 2:39:59 AM

Oh yeah and I might want to play games like BF3 or Skyrrim.
m
l

Best solution

September 22, 2012 3:54:00 AM
Related resources
September 22, 2012 3:57:30 AM
September 22, 2012 1:56:11 PM

Volcomskater2 said:
Really appreciate the advise man thanks a lot!
No problem. Your probably wondering why I recommended a $200 sound card when the motherboard has sound built in. I normally don't recommend discreet sound cards but since your doing music production the sound quality on on board sound just isn't going to cut it.
m
l
September 22, 2012 3:11:35 PM

shafe88 said:
No problem. Your probably wondering why I recommended a $200 sound card when the motherboard has sound built in. I normally don't recommend discreet sound cards but since your doing music production the sound quality on on board sound just isn't going to cut it.

Yeah,I read an article about the how a good sound card is one of the most important parts of your music production pc.I'm also going to get an Audio interface with my computer with makes what ever sound that goes through it sound clearer and better plus it has midi in and outs ect. Every time I added the price of the pc parts I put together it amounted to like 900$ and up so thanks.
m
l
October 3, 2012 5:20:31 AM

Best answer selected by Volcomskater2.
m
l
!