I've tryed to write a macro that shows "*Myname* is ressing [target]"
to the party members, but ...doesn't works !
Do someone can explicate the correct words to type for that macro ? Tx

Waldorf wrote:
> I've tryed to write a macro that shows "*Myname* is ressing [target]"
> to the party members, but ...doesn't works !
> Do someone can explicate the correct words to type for that macro ? Tx

/p Ressing %T

Maybe, don't quote me on that though. I'm at work with a killer headache :(

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
Moif: http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

"Waldorf" <valpozzo@wooow.it> wrote:

> I've tryed to write a macro that shows "*Myname* is ressing [target]"
> to the party members, but ...doesn't works !
> Do someone can explicate the correct words to type for that macro ? Tx

/yell Waldorf is going to resurrect %t!
/cast SPELLNAME

Where spellname is the name of your resurrection spell.

It's quite primitive. A macro that checks whether you're in a raid or
not and sends the message to /raid or /p would be better.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (21) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I wasn't aware that the game supported conditionals in its macro
language. Would you kindly refer me to an online resource that
discusses this in detail?

Thank you.

epp

You can include any kind of LUA statements in the macro as long as it
does not exceed 256 chars.

On 2005-09-22 15:55:08 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:

> /yell Waldorf is going to resurrect %t!
> /cast SPELLNAME
>
> Where spellname is the name of your resurrection spell.
>
> It's quite primitive. A macro that checks whether you're in a raid or
> not and sends the message to /raid or /p would be better.

As I had this lying around anyway:

/script local t = UnitName("target"); if (GetNumRaidMembers() > 0) then
SendChatMessage("*Myname* is resurrecting "..t, "RAID"); else
SendChatMessage("*Myname* is resurrecting "..t, "PARTY"); end
/cast Resurrect()
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Jack D wrote:
> On 2005-09-22 15:55:08 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:
>
>> /yell Waldorf is going to resurrect %t!
>> /cast SPELLNAME
>>
>> Where spellname is the name of your resurrection spell.
>>
>> It's quite primitive. A macro that checks whether you're in a raid or
>> not and sends the message to /raid or /p would be better.
>
> As I had this lying around anyway:
>
> /script local t = UnitName("target"); if (GetNumRaidMembers() > 0)
> then SendChatMessage("*Myname* is resurrecting "..t, "RAID"); else
> SendChatMessage("*Myname* is resurrecting "..t, "PARTY"); end
> /cast Resurrect()

That's more like it.

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
Moif: http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
Skint: http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=56940
http://www.the-suffering.co.uk

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

just 2 things:
in a raid u can use CT_Raidassist with "ressurection monitor" option.
then all (that use this option and CT_Raidassist) see who is ressing
who in a small window.
in a party there is normally no sense on writing such an addon cause a)
ur the only one alive (u ankhed / Soulstoned) or b) ur the only one
that can ress or c) there r 2 resser (normally priest and shaman /
pala) that can easily type "ressing "playername""

and additional: if u r in a raid and announce everyone u ress (and it
was a wipe) the chatlog is spammed by u and no one can discuss what
went wrong / good / why u wipe, etc.

On 2005-09-22 18:52:49 +0200, "enrique" <enrique.pineda@gmail.com> said:

> I wasn't aware that the game supported conditionals in its macro
> language. Would you kindly refer me to an online resource that
> discusses this in detail?

More detail than you'll probably ever want can be found here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Interface_Customization

Has a complete API reference as well as some tutorials for macros and modding.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU
Chasey - Undead Priest lvl 22 - Bloodscalp EU
Tomganks - Troll Rogue lvl 10 - Bloodscalp EU

Mel

Max a écrit :
> just 2 things:
> in a raid u can use CT_Raidassist with "ressurection monitor" option.
> then all (that use this option and CT_Raidassist) see who is ressing
> who in a small window.
> in a party there is normally no sense on writing such an addon cause a)
> ur the only one alive (u ankhed / Soulstoned) or b) ur the only one
> that can ress or c) there r 2 resser (normally priest and shaman /
> pala) that can easily type "ressing "playername""
>
> and additional: if u r in a raid and announce everyone u ress (and it
> was a wipe) the chatlog is spammed by u and no one can discuss what
> went wrong / good / why u wipe, etc.

Yeah but when you have a rez party at MC, it's fun looking at everyones
macros!

so and so return to the fight
so and so stop whining and get back in there
Great spririts return so and so to their body, they're not done yet
so and so get up and stop pretending
so and so you don't look so good, let me give you a hand up
etc etc

it's like the sheep macros, I especailly like the mage that had one that
said:

I'm sheeping so and so, leave him alone and let him munch his fine green
grass peacefully!

and also

so and so is now in sheep form, if you dare touch him I will call down
my wrath on you and I wil be very very angry (repeated in /p /raid and
/y ^^)

(I have used a similar one from time to time after the 4th or 5th broken
sheep in pick up raid...)

On 2005-09-23 11:56:17 +0200, "Max" <maxnews01@web.de> said:

> in a party there is normally no sense on writing such an addon cause a)
> ur the only one alive (u ankhed / Soulstoned) or b) ur the only one
> that can ress or c) there r 2 resser (normally priest and shaman /
> pala) that can easily type "ressing "playername""
> and additional: if u r in a raid and announce everyone u ress (and it
> was a wipe) the chatlog is spammed by u and no one can discuss what
> went wrong / good / why u wipe, etc.

True, the macro I copied there is the one I am using when summoning
people, just adapted it to do what the OP asked.