Quick Launch

Hi there. I want to add an extra quick launch to my task bar which is always
visible without scrolling. At the moment I can only have 3 then have to
scroll.

Thanks
--
CG

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CG,

Sounds like the taskbar is locked. Place your cursor over the taskbar and
right-click. Near the bottom of the pop-up list you will see a checkmark
next to "Lock the Taskbar". Uncheck that and you will be able to add items
to the Quick Launch section. You can move the small separator bar by
dragging it to the right so additional icons will be visible.

Bob S.

"CraigG" <CraigG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there. I want to add an extra quick launch to my task bar which is
> always
> visible without scrolling. At the moment I can only have 3 then have to
> scroll.
>
> Thanks
> --
> CG

Thanks, I thought it would be something easy.
--
CG

CraigG wrote:

> Hi there. I want to add an extra quick launch to my task bar which
> is always visible without scrolling. At the moment I can only have 3
> then have to scroll.

You can only have one Quick Launch Bar. However note two things:

1. You can resize the Quick Launch Bar by dragging the handle to its right.
Make sure the Task Bar is unlocked first.

2. The problem with making the Quick Launch Bar bigger is that it makes the
rest of the Tsk Bar smaller. Although the Quick Launch Bar appears on the
Task Bar by default, it's a separate toolbar like other toolbars, and can be
dragged off the Task Bar entirely. For example, on this machine here, I have
the Task Bar on the bottom of the screen, but the Quick Launch Bar off it
and on the left side of the screen.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup