Which PSU?

Hinesd

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Which out of these three power supplies should I get? Please give reasons why.
Xigmatek NRP-VC603 600W
OCZ-ZS550W-UK 550W ZS Series 550W 80+
Corsair Builder Series CX 600
OCZ and Corsiar are good brand but I have seen two or three odd comments on amazon and other websites about corsair dying after couple of weeks.
Also would 550W-600W be enough in future for dual GPU or water cooling like corsair h100.
Thank you in advance.

adamv1

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Every power supply has issues at some point. Just like almost every component in a computer may come with issues right out of the box. Allot of people say they have never seen a bad CPU but I have, does that I should not buy a recommended CPU from that manufacturer just because I had a problem with one?

Some of the reviews you see are angry people that don't understand complicated electronics very well. If I was you I would ignore the bad reviews on the Corsair. I have tried many different PSU's including ones from OCZ and Corsair and can say they are both good but Corsair is better.

I believe that all the power supplies you listed are 80+, which means you are getting 80% or better efficiency out of your PSU. That's pretty good.

If I was you, I would go with the corsair, if it fails it won't take other components with it, I have no experience with Xigmatek but they sound like they are decent quality but I don't know and I would hate to see you loose your MOBO and CPU to a bad PSU.

I would also recommend getting an HX series PSU from corsair. They are quiet and Modular. Modular is a must in a gaming rig, it helps keep the cable mess to a minimum which increases airflow, it also looks nicer.

If you want to go with dual GPU's I would recommend getting 700+ watts depending on your current build of coarse. Just because you meet the minimum specs for your PSU doesn't mean it will run your system. I tend to go at least 100 watts over the recommended power level. This put's less strain on the PSU which will increase it's life span. As power supply's get older they loose output power, so if you are barely meeting minimum specs to run dual GPU's now in a year you probably won't be able to..

Hi - of those three go twith the OCZ zs550, it got a very
good review from jonnuguru.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=248

Without knowing your GPU, can't determine if any of these would be
sufficient for dual gpu's. Need that info from you.

Tom