Display Properties Web tab missing -uisual suspects covered

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was using active desktop to display a different background on my
second monitor. The background recently reverted to the primary monitor
(can't recall anything I did that may have caused this) and after
investigating I have discovered that the web tab of Display Properties
is missing.

I have run :
Restore the Web Tab - Display Properties (Line 177)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.co m/xp_tweaks.htm

Also, running gpedit.msc, in User Configuration, Administrative
Templates, Desktop, Active Desktop, Disable Active Desktop is set to Not
Configured (as are all the options).

I've tested for all spyware and viruses. Any ideas how to get it back?

Thanks,

Tom.

vXP pro SP2.

Tom,

Web tab missing in the Customize Desktop dialog:
http://www.winxptutor.com/webtab.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> Web tab missing in the Customize Desktop dialog:
> http://www.winxptutor.com/webtab.htm

Thanks for that. I followed the instrcuctions, to summarise :

>Navigate to the following keys:
>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>Delete the two values NoActiveDesktopChanges & NoActiveDesktop

The kelly korner #177 sets both of these to 0 for HKCU. I removed them
in HKCU, non present in HKLM.

Navigate to the following keys:

>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
>HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
>Delete the value NoComponents in both the above locations.

Neither of these are present in my registry.

Needless to say the web tab is not back :-( Wonder what's happened to my
machine.

Tom.

Interesting one, Tom. I don;t have any idea, apart from those Policy
settings. Does it has something to do with dual-monitor?

--

> Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
>> Web tab missing in the Customize Desktop dialog:
>> http://www.winxptutor.com/webtab.htm
>
> Thanks for that. I followed the instrcuctions, to summarise :
>
> >Navigate to the following keys:
> >HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
> >HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
> >Delete the two values NoActiveDesktopChanges & NoActiveDesktop
>
> The kelly korner #177 sets both of these to 0 for HKCU. I removed them in
> HKCU, non present in HKLM.
>
> Navigate to the following keys:
>
> >HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
> >HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop
> >Delete the value NoComponents in both the above locations.
>
> Neither of these are present in my registry.
>
> Needless to say the web tab is not back :-( Wonder what's happened to my
> machine.
>
> Tom.

Pureevil

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I am also having the same issue, i have no web tab option and i have tryed all the fixes. I only figured this out when i set a .gif file to the desktop back ground and nothing happenes. i am running xp pro 64 bit