Sign in with
Your question

Gfx or xbox 360

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 2, 2012 8:55:43 AM

hi guys i want to play those new games in high settings. but i am having confusion about what do i buy. (i just want to play game). but i think nvidia may be costly but better for gaming. i have also a plan of buying xbox 360. so will i be able to get a graphics card which will deliver an equal performance of a xbox 360 and if i turn AA on will XFX be better choice. but still i like to play on pc much. plz tell me..........

More about : gfx xbox 360

a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 9:38:54 AM

PC gaming is always going to look and play better. Assuming the rest of your machine is up to standard then a graphics card that costs as much as an xbox 360 will have you playing most games in a high setting.
m
l
August 2, 2012 3:28:54 PM

but can i play all those game in high settings with a good fps like xbox 360. and which graphics card(nvidia or ati or amd) do u recommend? will MSI be better?bcz i love msi
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2012 3:59:59 PM

ATI and AMD are the same thing. I got a nvidia GTX 560 TI 2GB MSI Twin Frozr II card for $260 and I get high frames in all games. If you don't like the frames, turn down the settings. Easy as that. Can't even compare PC gaming to xbox.
m
l
August 2, 2012 4:54:35 PM

I find that the decision between PC gaming and console gaming has to come down to much more than just graphics.
If you are only concerned with graphics and care about nothing else, DUH, spend your money on the card. PC gaming will always be better when it comes to graphics.

But there are other considerations. Console games and PC games just feel different.
Playing a shooter on a console is MUCH different than on a PC, and not just because one has a controller and one has a keyboard/mouse (you can use an xbox controller on the PC anyways XBOX controller on PC). If you want to try out being a console gamer, maybe get the 360.

You also need to consider the different softwares (games) available to each platform. If you're interested in trying lots of different shooters and their intense multiplayer experiences, I would try the xbox 360 (with live, of course). Look at the xbox 360 exclusive games and look at games that only come out for PC. Which look more appealing to you? Would you rather have gears of war (360) or are you super excited to play watch dogs (PC) when it comes out?

Lots of things to consider, but you need to weight them along with the fact that you could get a GREAT graphics card for the same price as an xbox 360 and have better graphics with the PC.

In the end it's your choice.
m
l
August 3, 2012 2:55:02 PM

PresidentSwag said:
ATI and AMD are the same thing. I got a nvidia GTX 560 TI 2GB MSI Twin Frozr II card for $260 and I get high frames in all games. If you don't like the frames, turn down the settings. Easy as that. Can't even compare PC gaming to xbox.

but one suggested me to buy GTX 670. but i like 560ti twinfrozr ii oc 2gb very much. will it be able to bear all game in high settings. but i don't have a great monitor. my screen reg. is 1440X900. so i think your gfx could easily bear all game in high settings with a good fps. I think that for my screen i don't need GTX 670. is that right?
m
l
August 3, 2012 3:32:00 PM

A gtx 670 will be more than enough to power through games at your resolution. In other words, you do not need a 670 unless you plan on gaming at 1920x1080 in the future. Get something less powerful and save your money, a 550ti, 6950, 7800 series, wait for the 660ti maybe if it hasn't already been released. But for the resolution you'll be using, a 670 is no doubt overkill. Save your money.
m
l
August 4, 2012 8:00:47 AM

Susejchristo said:
A gtx 670 will be more than enough to power through games at your resolution. In other words, you do not need a 670 unless you plan on gaming at 1920x1080 in the future. Get something less powerful and save your money, a 550ti, 6950, 7800 series, wait for the 660ti maybe if it hasn't already been released. But for the resolution you'll be using, a 670 is no doubt overkill. Save your money.

the way new games are developing in graphics will this gfx can bear those upcoming demanding game in high settings. (specially crysis 3) I am a big fan of crysis 1&2. so i want to play crysis 3 and more others. will this gfx will be able to bear it.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 8:55:50 AM

At your resolution, it most certainly will. Since Crysis 3 is built on same engine as Crysis 2, and my GTX 560 Ti runs crysis 2 on almost maximum settings with DX11 patch and high resolution textures at 1920x1080 (which is almost double your resolution), it will run Crysis 3 for you without any problems. It will look MUCH more better than on Xbox too :) .
m
l
August 4, 2012 3:47:28 PM

Sunius said:
At your resolution, it most certainly will. Since Crysis 3 is built on same engine as Crysis 2, and my GTX 560 Ti runs crysis 2 on almost maximum settings with DX11 patch and high resolution textures at 1920x1080 (which is almost double your resolution), it will run Crysis 3 for you without any problems. It will look MUCH more better than on Xbox too :) .

thanks dude. that's the answer what i wanted. very soon i will get this gfx.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 5:35:12 PM

Glad I helped ;) .
m
l
!