Infuriating taskbar behaviour

Hey peeps... Not a beginner by any means, I'm an IT professional working
wth XP, but this one has got me!!

My taskbar is down the left hand side of my screen rather than the
traditional bottom. Don't ask why, I'm just different! When I try to
enlarge it, sometimes I can choose whatever size I want, and sometimes
I am forced to resize it in steps - steps which are irritatingly just
shorter than quicklaunch icons.

The result is that if I want a quicklaunch bar 3 icons wide, my taskbar
is another icon-width wider, with the space wasted! I've seen this on a
number of PCs, I've updated Video drivers, SUS updates, all that sort
of thing, and I'm out of ideas...

--
fishkake
1 answer Last reply

    fishkake wrote:
    > Hey peeps... Not a beginner by any means, I'm an IT professional working
    > wth XP, but this one has got me!!
    >
    > My taskbar is down the left hand side of my screen rather than the
    > traditional bottom. Don't ask why, I'm just different! When I try to
    > enlarge it, sometimes I can choose whatever size I want, and sometimes
    > I am forced to resize it in steps - steps which are irritatingly just
    > shorter than quicklaunch icons.
    >
    > The result is that if I want a quicklaunch bar 3 icons wide, my taskbar
    > is another icon-width wider, with the space wasted! I've seen this on a
    > number of PCs, I've updated Video drivers, SUS updates, all that sort
    > of thing, and I'm out of ideas...

    Did you try dragging it to the bottom, making the changes then putting
    it back where you want it?

Configuration Taskbar Windows XP