Just Finished Build, BIOS Won't Work

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • BIOS
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 22, 2012 3:36:15 AM

I just finished my first build but when I start my computer, it tells me CPU fan error. I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It tells me to press F1 to go to setup. The first time I tried this, it worked and it took me to my BIOS. Every other time I try to start the BIOS, it just shows a white screen that slowly turns green. My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z77. Please help! Thank you.

More about : finished build bios work

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
September 22, 2012 4:45:16 AM

mathiascali said:
I just finished my first build but when I start my computer, it tells me CPU fan error. I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It tells me to press F1 to go to setup. The first time I tried this, it worked and it took me to my BIOS. Every other time I try to start the BIOS, it just shows a white screen that slowly turns green. My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z77. Please help! Thank you.

first off power the pc down and unplugf it from the wall to let the mb drain. but the 8 pin atx plug there four fan plugs..the fan_opt port is not the port you want. you want the first one next to it that cpu. make sure if your using this with a 3 pin fan and not a 4 pin fan that you put pin one on the right pin. also check that you have 1504 bios installed. if the system wont boot. use the clear cmos jumper to clear the cmos and get back into the bios.
September 23, 2012 6:19:27 PM

Best answer selected by mathiascali.
m
l