Strange behavior - how do I change it

I have a Nokia 6820 on AT&T Wireless.
Love the phone;
AT&T continuously messes up orders, invoices, contracts. Even the
corrections are wrong.

But I have one issue with the phone's behavior and hope it is a setting
somewhere that I have overlooked.

Whenever I type a text message and send it, i return to the message input
screen and the complete message is stil there. When I back out of messaging,
and do other stuff and then return to create a message, that message is
still there! Unless/until I do Options-Clear text.

Is there a setting somewhere such that the message text gets deleted from
the editing screen when it has been sent?

SB
2 answers Last reply
More about strange behavior change

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004, at 02:47:22 [GMT GMT] (12:47:22 Thursday, 7 October
    2004 where I live) "Spam Buster" wrote:

    > Whenever I type a text message and send it, i return to the message input
    > screen and the complete message is stil there. When I back out of messaging,
    > and do other stuff and then return to create a message, that message is
    > still there! Unless/until I do Options-Clear text.

    > Is there a setting somewhere such that the message text gets deleted from
    > the editing screen when it has been sent?

    Seems to be a common complaint with Nokias.

    IIRC only the 6600 series send the message to the "Sent" box & clears the
    screen at the same time.

    My 6230 leaves the message on the screen, and also at the same time sends it
    to the "Sent" folder.

    Bit stupid of Nokia really; how hard would it be to show some sort of text
    on top of the message to confirm it was sent, or automatically transfer to
    the "Sent" mail box, and clear the screen?

    --
    Stop talking while I'm interrupting.

    John Phillips<flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in

    > Bit stupid of Nokia really; how hard would it be to show some sort of
    > text on top of the message to confirm it was sent, or automatically
    > transfer to the "Sent" mail box, and clear the screen?

    For them? Too much trouble.

    Just another incomplete feature...

    --
    sA