WinExplorer does not remember to open with single pane

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I use WinXP Pro/SP1. I have set folders to use Classic View.

My folders always open with a dual pane by default.

If I close the left hand pane and save the folder (for example one
with large icons) then when I reopen the folder it has become a
dual-pane folder and has a folder tree on the left hand side.

How can I get te folder to reopen the way i saved it which is as
just a single pane

Thanks for any help.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS: I do not have problems with other folders forgetting their
folder views and I have tried Kelly's tweak on line 2 of
which resets the BagMRU sizes:

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00001f40

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00001f40

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Cori,

Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 20:19:01, Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> "Cori" <whoops@worldview.com> wrote in message
>

>>I use WinXP Pro/SP1. I have set folders to use Classic View.
>> My folders always open with a dual pane by default.
>> If I close the left hand pane and save the folder (for example
>> one with large icons) then when I reopen the folder it has
>> become a dual-pane folder and has a folder tree on the left
>> hand side.
>>
>> How can I get te folder to reopen the way i saved it which is
>> as just a single pane
>>
>> -- snip --

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 20:19:01, Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Cori,
>
> Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=307856

Ramesh, if I use the infrmation in this document then I will need
to put it into a registrty key so that when I click on a folder
that has the view set to large icons, then it will open only a
single pane.

But how do I do that?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Cori,

I don't understand why you need to edit the registry. The article states
that the "/e" switch always starts in Explorer mode (two pane).

--

On Thu 25 Aug 2005 13:25:25, Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Cori,
>
> I don't understand why you need to edit the registry. The
> article states that the "/e" switch always starts in Explorer
> mode (two pane).

I am double-clicking or pressing enter to open folders. Thry are
often on the desktop.

I do not want to write a shortcut (which calls Win Explorer and pass
it some parms) for every folder I might open! :)

I want to double click or press enter. So I figure I need some
change in some central place like the registry.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Open My Computer window.
Click Tools, Folder Options, then click File Types.
From the list, locate the entry FOLDER with extension of (NONE).
Click Advanced, select Open, then Set Default
Click OK and close the dialog.