CF card readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any preferences for USB2 CF card readers? Any to avoid?

Thanks,

Gordon

USB 2 readers are much of a muchness these days. I would look out for ones
that support xD cards; even if you don't use cards, because it's a
reasonable sign that the card reader is a recent design. Oh and don't be
fooled with old stock that says USB 2.0 Full Speed - it's High-Speed you
want!

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com
Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

"Gordon MacPherson" <gordon.macpherson@path.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Any preferences for USB2 CF card readers? Any to avoid?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

Paul

Splendid

Gordon MacPherson wrote:
> Any preferences for USB2 CF card readers? Any to avoid?

I see you're in the UK. I bought a cheap one from Jessops (own brand).
Seems to work OK & nice and fast. It's a multi format reader (CF, SD
etc).

The only thing I don't like is that it automatically maps 4 Windows
drive letters. Also, the SD slot is not a nice 'press to release' type.

But at 15 quid I can't really complain.

--
Paul

Gordon MacPherson wrote:

> Any preferences for USB2 CF card readers? Any to avoid?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

Reader Technology is pretty well established today.
All the new ones seem to work very well.
I personally buy by price alone. Being frugal by nature, I buy whatever
is on sale when I need it. I have not been disappointed yet. If I happen
to get a lemon, I'll just toss it and buy another brand next time.
I NEVER pay more than $13 for a USB 2 Hi-Speed Generic multicard reader.
Bob Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS