• Radeon
  • GPUs
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
August 2, 2012 2:41:44 PM

Hello,
My GPU heats up fast as usual and today so I was a lump of ice in a plastic bag and then tuck my metal foil and wrapped it tightly, when I put the metal foil on the GPU so beat computer off. When I started it again so as to stand it on the lcd poster: vga bios and when it was switched off as it said: pwr_off

More about : check gpu dead

Anonymous
August 2, 2012 2:42:10 PM

google translte suck! xD
August 2, 2012 2:53:39 PM

let's try to understand that first, what did you do with a lump of ice and a metal foil?? you placed it in the videocard?!?! O_O
Related resources
Anonymous
August 2, 2012 4:59:12 PM

yss i did, iam too yong and naive so i tryed omthing stupid, ihad everything and no nothig, seems like i burned the whole thing. How stupid, "metal" foil, ***, i taugtit i'll be great so the ice idnt melt so fast and moisture to be ade n thecar. Dan that wa a supid idea my friend.
Anonymous
August 2, 2012 5:00:13 PM

my keyboard is retarded by the way
Anonymous
August 2, 2012 5:03:06 PM

all i want to sy is that messing with metal whilst the pc is running is stupid, putting metal material on open weldings on chips like mobo and pu is a mistake. ******* stupid i was, who would try to put ice on a gp to cool it up, guess I?!?!?!?
August 2, 2012 5:04:00 PM

who deleted my last post? Yey you placed ice in foil tightly witch forms condensation liquid am I getting this right
Anonymous
August 2, 2012 5:05:19 PM

sy=say
pu=gpu
:) 
August 2, 2012 5:09:17 PM

Uh, if it was working before, then you put metal foil + ice and now the pc won't even start I'd say you have killed a few things.
Anonymous
August 2, 2012 5:17:44 PM

yee bro! you got it, and the foil was made by metal and then you can imagine the rest
August 2, 2012 5:18:52 PM

chance of ice leaking onto the pcb potentially destroying stuff?
!