300 W PSU - Xion Case

aatmik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Hey folks

I was building a PC, and I really liked this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208056.

Firstly, I wanted some opinions about the case and if XION was a decent brand. I liked the case because it had a slight Mac-ish look, and I liked the size - I wanted something like the Inspiron 660s. I'm looking at a Home/Office use PC, although there might be a bit of light gaming too. Please suggest any good alternatives - style (not necessarily Mac like) and size are important.

It has an inbuilt 300W PSU. For the purposes I mentioned above, will this be OK? I will have an i3 3220, and will be using integrated graphics.

Thanks and please reply.

G

PSUs that are in cases are rarely any good. however that i3 rig will draw ~100 watts for it may not be a worry until you look to get a graphics card.

btw, a slim case will put some severe limitations to that.

MatildaPersson

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Off-topic: I was watching a video yesterday that demonstrated the pros and cons of using a smaller, dedicated GPU as PhysX slave. Turns out it can often decrease performance by a fair margin. I can find it if you wanna see it.

G

already saw it thanks. linus creeps me out. :lol:

G

oh?

got that link?

he's just pissed that lauren has a sexier accent :lol:

MatildaPersson

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

It was one of the live shows. He basically said Lauren doesn't know what she's talking about and that she's only popular because boobs and horny teenagers. Just generally acted like a massive ass and made fun of her. Then he went on about female sports or hosts or something.

Lauren basically laughed at it and someone pointed out that Lauren's average viewer is around 30 and male, whereas Linus's are teenage boys.

TRENDING THREADS