Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GSO

shouldnt this easily do wow on ultra? because i can only run it on good and the framerate is at 40-60 but sometimes a little jerky still. What is wrong? (Im a complete noob in tech)
August 2, 2012 5:48:24 PM

Oh god why... :cry: 

Who did this system? Must be a hardware noob or something :D 

There is a huuuuge cliff between the GPU and rest of the system

So what I meant to say is the GPU is nearly enough for the game. So there is nothing wrong
August 2, 2012 5:57:32 PM

That GPU is very old, upgrade it and the rest of your system is good enough to play on ultra. My Radeon 7770 maxes everything out easily so it doesn't take much to do so. A 6650 would probably be able to do it.
Related resources
August 2, 2012 6:03:27 PM

your graphics card is absolutely abysmal. It will not run anything, not even wow on ultra.
August 2, 2012 9:03:21 PM

Haha, my brother actually mentioned something about graphics card, maybe I should upgrade it. Btw, does my screen size affect FPS at all, I mean, my monitor is a 27''inch and i play on 1920x1080 resolution..
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2012 9:05:33 PM

Size not, resolution does. Higher resolution = more work for graphics card = less frames per second.
a b Î Nvidia
August 2, 2012 9:09:44 PM

lopee said:
Haha, my brother actually mentioned something about graphics card, maybe I should upgrade it. Btw, does my screen size affect FPS at all, I mean, my monitor is a 27''inch and i play on 1920x1080 resolution..

screen affects a few select things:

1. how many actual frames can be displayed, this will be determined by your screens refresh rate
2. color quality
3. size will generally influence max resolution possible.
August 2, 2012 9:20:13 PM

Ahhh if only your computer could talk......... it would be saying "I'm too powerful for an office computer", "Im not powerful enough for gaming", "Why do I exist?"

Just kidding, yea you could definitely do with a graphics card upgrade! Have you got a budget?
August 2, 2012 9:36:32 PM

My bugdet is around 350-450$ give or take. But I have no idea on what to get though, but I heard Radeon has got the edge
a b Î Nvidia
August 2, 2012 9:37:51 PM

lopee said:
My bugdet is around 350-450$ give or take. But I have no idea on what to get though, but I heard Radeon has got the edge

it depends on purpose, game choice and price points that determine who has an edge at current times. Sales on gpus heavily influence this as well.
August 2, 2012 9:41:12 PM

Get a GTX 670 for that price!!
August 2, 2012 9:41:20 PM

If the only game you play is WoW then you could spend $120. If you want something to do well with modern games, spend $250-$300.

$450 will max out almost all games.

$120 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$250 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$280 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$400 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$450 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I would get the $280 option. It's one of the best bang for buck deals right now until the 660ti is released.

Also, what type of PSU do you have. You might need to upgrade to run a high end card.
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
August 2, 2012 9:44:28 PM

lopee said:

oh?
August 2, 2012 9:50:05 PM

lol. not only is looniams post correct. But tom's also put out an article a while back where Radeon Cards specifically caused WoW to crash. You should defiantly go with Nvidia if your only playing WoW. Best choice for that game.
August 2, 2012 9:54:34 PM

Dude, with your budget get the Nvidia GTX 670 FTW Edition.
August 2, 2012 11:57:24 PM

wow, this is awesome! thanks for the helpout, buds
August 3, 2012 2:39:26 PM

Koenigsegg said:
Oh god why... :cry: 

Who did this system? Must be a hardware noob or something :D 

There is a huuuuge cliff between the GPU and rest of the system

So what I meant to say is the GPU is nearly enough for the game. So there is nothing wrong

yeah lol it's like an olympic sprinter (cpu) teaming up with a physically handicapped man in a wheelchair (gpu) in a 3 legged race...
August 3, 2012 4:21:57 PM

mrbeanladen said:
yeah lol it's like an olympic sprinter (cpu) teaming up with a physically handicapped man in a wheelchair (gpu) in a 3 legged race...

Hahahaha! I get it, change out the gpu
August 3, 2012 4:23:02 PM

do not listen to these people bro
they don know anything about GPU. they just tend to throw their money left right and center. u graphic card is absolutely ok. u r happy ok?
so be happy and enjoy u games. i really mean it. these are advertisers. any graphic card aroun 100$ can give u joy. trust me. and appriciate ur pc. i even say u don need corei 7 either to play games. a pentium can also give u happiness too.
have fun
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
August 3, 2012 4:36:12 PM

javadghamkhar said:
do not listen to these people bro
they don know anything about GPU. they just tend to throw their money left right and center. u graphic card is absolutely ok. u r happy ok?
so be happy and enjoy u games. i really mean it. these are advertisers. any graphic card aroun 100$ can give u joy. trust me. and appriciate ur pc. i even say u don need corei 7 either to play games. a pentium can also give u happiness too.
have fun

ok, lets say you know what you are talking about. a $100 graphics card for happy gaming . .the OPs card is worth only $25:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-Nvidia-GeForce-9600-GSO-Vid...

now who doesn't know anything about gpu?
August 3, 2012 5:20:46 PM

If OP just want to max wow, he can get a 460 or a 6850. No need to spend $400 on a gpu he doesn't need.
August 3, 2012 5:58:01 PM

I believe almost everyone posting has said that he can get a $150ish card and max out WoW. His budget was higher, and it was suggested that he could get a better card within his budget for "other" games should he decide to try them.

Agreed with esrever thou. I built a system for a friend with a 560. $150-200 and he gets 60-90 fps on the highest settings in WoW depending on what hes doing. Raiding, In town etc etc.
August 3, 2012 9:46:36 PM

unoriginal1 said:
I believe almost everyone posting has said that he can get a $150ish card and max out WoW. His budget was higher, and it was suggested that he could get a better card within his budget for "other" games should he decide to try them.

Agreed with esrever thou. I built a system for a friend with a 560. $150-200 and he gets 60-90 fps on the highest settings in WoW depending on what hes doing. Raiding, In town etc etc.

Yeh, his right! I'm not only playing wow actually, but since MoP coming out right around the corner I just thought i would have that as a goal, to run that and enjoy it with nice smooth graphics with a framerate that isnt jerky. Ofcourse I might try out other games aswell. :sol: 
!