joshernater9

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I realize a lot of people have this problem too, but I've tried all of their solutions, as well as the thread that people always say to follow before posting, and it still doesn't work.

I did an external build, put the CPU in, plugged everything in accordingly and so on. But I get no post beep, and no display. I have it hooked through HDMI to my monitor to my GPU. I wasn't originally going to put in a GPU until I got a 680 soon, but since it didn't work, I thought I'd try with a GPU, still didn't work.

Ram works in my other computer just fine (It's DDR3 1333 and the manual says it is compatible with my MB), the CPU appears to be okay, I see no bent pins. The CPU fan runs, as well as the GPU fan, and the meter thing on my motherboard lights up (I honestly don't know what it does, I've never seen one on a motherboard, but it shows that it's getting power :D ,) and I even used my old PSU that I know works for sure, and it did the same thing.

My setup:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Intel Core i5-3570K

PSU: CORSAIR HX850

Any ideas?

joshernater9

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
UPDATE: I just tried someone else's suggestion of removing all RAM sticks to see if I get any beeps, and still nothing.

It sounds like I might have a bad MB or CPU. Any suggestions before I'm forced to get replacements?