more (lots of) questions about a paladin (seals & weapons ..

Mel

Now that my paladin has gained a few levels (lvl 15) I have some more
questions for you knowledgable folk.

seals
-----

I have 2 seals available,
Seal of the crusader (increase speed but lowers damage if I understand
correctly)
Seal of righteousness (additional holy damage for each melee attack)

When should I be using the different seals?

The fact that the seal of the crusader increases the speed of attack,
does this mean it is best to use with particuler types of weapons? one
handed / two handed / fast or slow?

And the judgement; I don't have any trouble knowing that holy damage
against undead is effective, but what about the other types of mobs?

weapon speed
------------
I remember reading here somewhere that weapon speed and dps are somewhat
complicated (a counter intuative thing about low speeds being good...)

Could someone re-explain? I'd like to know how (what caracs to look for)
to equipe my paladin with tanking gear and how to equip for healing
support roles, and how to equipe for soloing.

What I understand for the moment -
tanking - as much armure and defense as possible so shield + one handed
weapon
soloing - as much dps and endurance as possible - two handed or one
handed weapon?
healing - as much intelligence & spirit as possible
pvping - no idea at all! I have read that paladins are hard to kill but
can't kill either and that basically that should stay in the garbage
can.. is this realisitc?

But I'm not really sure about this...

I also understand that against casters I will want a fast one handed
weapon to interupt them - is this correct?

pulling
-------

I have taken up engineering so that I can throw powder and bombs to
pull; at the moment I don't have anything that pulls 1 mob only, they
are all AOE pulls.

Will I be able to make something more precise?

Or will I have to wait until the 40something quest for Linkens boomerang
(is it a quest available for Alliance? I have only ever played Horde
before...?

thanks for any answers and advice!

(I must say, I find the palaidn a bit boring compared to a mage... and
everyone tries to act squeaky clean on the alliance side, I feel like a
school kid in front of the teacher again! :) )

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:58:33 +0200, Mel wrote:

> I have 2 seals available,
> Seal of the crusader (increase speed but lowers damage if I understand
> correctly)
> Seal of righteousness (additional holy damage for each melee attack)
>
> When should I be using the different seals?

Use the second one for now.

> And the judgement; I don't have any trouble knowing that holy damage
> against undead is effective, but what about the other types of mobs?

Decide yourself if its worth using the judgement, or keeping the mana for a
heal. I never normally bother unless fighting elites

> weapon speed
> ------------
> I remember reading here somewhere that weapon speed and dps are somewhat
> complicated (a counter intuative thing about low speeds being good...)
>
> Could someone re-explain? I'd like to know how (what caracs to look for)
> to equipe my paladin with tanking gear and how to equip for healing
> support roles, and how to equipe for soloing.

High paladins often use a slow high damage weapon, as Seal Of Command needs
this to get high crits, SOC is used by nearly all paladins, its the only
way to get good damage.

At L20 (i think) you get the hammer quest, you will be using it for 15-20
lvls so dont worry about other weapons for now.

At L59 I use http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=13047

> pvping - no idea at all! I have read that paladins are hard to kill but
> can't kill either and that basically that should stay in the garbage
> can.. is this realisitc?

As it stands paladins are not good for pvp, if pvp is important to you,
roll another character or hope paladins are patched in 1.8/1.9 (this is
due)

> I have taken up engineering so that I can throw powder and bombs to
> pull; at the moment I don't have anything that pulls 1 mob only, they
> are all AOE pulls.

Engineering is your only option, but that will still not open a group.
Just be carefull how you pull.

Steve

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Max <maxnews01@web.de> stared blankly into space for a short while
before writing:
> Mel wrote:
>> pulling
>> -------
>>
>> I have taken up engineering so that I can throw powder and bombs to
>> pull; at the moment I don't have anything that pulls 1 mob only,
>> they are all AOE pulls.
>>
>> Will I be able to make something more precise?
>>
>> Or will I have to wait until the 40something quest for Linkens
>> boomerang (is it a quest available for Alliance? I have only ever
>> played Horde before...?
>
> with patch 1.7 u got a range attack (hammer of ....) i think this is
> only used on 1 opponent. u can also cast to pull. but normally ur
> not used as a puller in a group.

Hammer of Wrath? This is for lvl ~40 ish Paladins and is only usable
against targets that have less than 20% health. Good for fleeing mobs,
no use for pulling.

--
Doc