Sign in with
Your question

Strange problems with GT 440

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 2, 2012 6:46:12 PM

Hello, I bought a brand new GT 440 1 GB GDDR 5, I got it yesterday. I got home and installed it in to my PC. Then I installed the drivers that came with the GPU.Everything was perfect. Then I played some games to see if everything is OK. I played Max Payne 3 on high settings - no lag at all 35 FPS minimum. Then I played Battlefield 3 on high and medium setting - no lag at all 30 FPS minimum. On the next day. I went to play Max Payne 3 but this time there was a little bit of lag so I turned down the settings to normal all of them result - non from 23 FPS it has gone to 25 FPS and very rarely it went to 30 FPS. Then I tried Battlefield 3 - the same problem - it lagged. I turned down the settings to medium result - non from 20 FPS it has gone to 25 FPS. Then I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Nvidia. Result - non it was still the same. Still lagging and no increase in FPS. The strange thing was that the more I lower the settings the more it began to lag. And finally it began to freeze for 1 second every 10 seconds. Please help me I don't know what to do. The GPU has 2 years warranty, but I don't know if the problem is in the GPU. My PSU is 350 Watt Safe Power PX-350.I think the problem is in my PSU, but I am not sure. My motherboard is Foxconn A6VMX -K. I noticed it doesn't use its full power. I used MSI Afterburner for this. When I play games they lag on medium settings. For example Battlefield 3 I play it on medium setting without filters and it lags. The temperature is ~60 degrees C and the usage is very unstable but through out the whole mission its ~60 or less % and sometimes, but rarely it goes to 75%, 85% etc. When it is ~60 or lower % it lags and when it is ~75 or more it doesn't lag at all.

More about : strange problems 440

a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 7:09:39 PM

What CPU are you using?
August 2, 2012 7:14:18 PM

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ 2.20 GHZ
!