Logitech G5 gamers mouse on Windows 98SE

Last response: in Video Games
September 23, 2005 5:03:33 PM

I asked about the MX518 earlier this week and the day after that I
bought a G5 (the newest corded gamers mouse from Logitech).

I just wanted to say that I love it and I don't regret paying 75 euro
for it one bit. I have even used the weights! (and they look delicious
somehow with the little box they come in, I have to restrain myself from
eating them <grin>).

I have set it to 800dpi because 2000dpi is too sensitive for me. I also
had to turn off the hardware cursor in the video options of WoW because
I got graphical anomalies with my cursor. Now it runs fine.

Windows 98SE is also no problem for it. But the cd comes with some sort
of jukebox that I quickly uninstalled. I have installed the desktop
messenger agent (for updates) and some other icon. Since I also bought a
1Gb dual memory kit, memory is not a problem. I haven't tried running
without the logitech bootup programs, but I guess you would lose the
ability to switch mouse resolutions during game play.

I haven't actually done a dungeon yet, but I nearly got myself killed a
couple of times soloing quests that were to hard to solo and I have
gotten used to the increased sensitivity of my mouse by now.

I might be fun to tell that I discovered that healing myself is really
hardcoded in my mouse arm. I deselect any target by clicking an empty
space on screen, then click the heal button with the mouse and then I
would click myself, but miss it and click to far from myself <grin>.
That is over by now, but was interesting to experience.

I just wanted to share this with other potential buyers. It is expensive
but it will enhance your gaming experience. It is also real smooth and I
am considering to buy a frictionless mouse pad for it. Much better than
my old mouse (of ~30 euro many years ago)

To the horde!
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous

Thomas J. Boschloo ha scritto:

> I might be fun to tell that I discovered that healing myself is really
> hardcoded in my mouse arm. I deselect any target by clicking an empty
> space on screen, then click the heal button with the mouse and then I
> would click myself, but miss it and click to far from myself <grin>.
> That is over by now, but was interesting to experience.

You should *really* install Benecast !!
!