"Extra" taskbar won't go away

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

This is my second post. I have an extra task bar in my PC with Windows
Home edition on it, and I can't get it to go away. What seems to be
happening is that when I start an application up, it appears twice at
the bottom of the screen, once in each task bar. I can size the task
bar using the "dotted" divider bar, but can't do much more than that.
Any ideas what's happening?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
1 answer Last reply
More about extra taskbar away
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Restore Taskbar and Desktop to Default Functionality (Line 164)

    Added info:

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "javelin" <google.1.jvmail@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > This is my second post. I have an extra task bar in my PC with Windows
    > Home edition on it, and I can't get it to go away. What seems to be
    > happening is that when I start an application up, it appears twice at
    > the bottom of the screen, once in each task bar. I can size the task
    > bar using the "dotted" divider bar, but can't do much more than that.
    > Any ideas what's happening?
    >

    > Thanks in advance for the advice.

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Customization Windows XP